Can a whistler scan by city rather than be object

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

I am helping a friend with his whistler 1095 scanner. The scanner is a strange "bird" to me. Can you set up the scanner to scan by a city rather than scanning by law tags, then ems tgs, ham talk groups. Have worked with the Unidens, and the GRE scanners but the 1095 is totally strange how it scans.

SCPD

QRT
Each System or channel is an "object" ,so if you name an object a said City like I do you can enter all the frequencies for that city in the one "object".

Mine looks like this :
1.My town aka SCANLIST 01 (has 23 frequencies all analog) (OBJECT)
2.Next Town aka SCANLIST 02 (has a trunked Sytem and some analog frequencies) (OBJECT)
3.Neighboring town aka SCANLIST 03 (has digital frequency P25) (OBJECT)

You can review the OBJECTS you programmed in BROWSE OBJECTS.

1,2,3 is its own "object " each town is a scanLIST and can be toggled on and off.

You can do the exact same thing in the Uniden 436HP,I had both scanners,I prefer the Whistler's bigger display.Digital makes everything different.Theres no more separate frequencies,except in each Scanlist even the Uniden has scanlists,so you are stuck thinking like this.

EZscan is a program thats on the scanner's SD card and if you have a PC,its easy to program!
If you have a MAC,you are out of luck unless you have Windows as a secondary OS.

If you are totally baffled Im a ham too,good on QRZ

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I am helping a friend with his whistler 1095 scanner. The scanner is a strange "bird" to me. Can you set up the scanner to scan by a city rather than scanning by law tags, then ems tgs, ham talk groups. Have worked with the Unidens, and the GRE scanners but the 1095 is totally strange how it scans.

Yes - the default programming is to import from the library based on location. You can specify location by city, county, or zip code. There are default "service types" for the import but they are easily overridden.

Machria

Premium Subscriber

Hey teufler, nice to see you over here. Hope all is well with you! You helped me with my bcd396 at 4 in the morning a few years ago. ;)

Once you learn the Whistler interface, you can do much more with it than on the Unidens, and it's actually much easier to use as well.

Just make a scanlist for the town/area in question, and then put whatever objects you want to into that list. Enable that scanlist, and bang, yoru scanning that town/area. You can put objects in as many scanlists as you want. So you can put the towns FD channel into the towns scanlist, and also into a scanlist named FireDepts. Then just enable which scanlist you want to listen to, or both.... it's super easy to work with, and very flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.