Can Alabama Power be monitored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic9351301

Banned
nope!!!!!!!!!!! there on a iden network . used to be called southern linc i think is called something else now .

medic9351301

Banned
thanks morgan i cant keep up with these name changes. i do good yo keep pants on when i go out in public lol

morganAL

I only know because when I was still with the County, the rep came around and was trying to sell us service and was going through the usual "Why it's great and why it is going to be even better" spill.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
I only know because when I was still with the County, the rep came around and was trying to sell us service and was going through the usual "Why it's great and why it is going to be even better" spill.

More like mediocre before & hardly any service afterward here in NW Alabama. No one at AL-DOT Tuscumbia Area even keeps them on anymore, not even me at "Station 20." VHF: KIV-333.

morganAL

I never thought it was great. I hated it the short time I carried it (iDen and CriticalLinc). At one time I know a lot of State agencies thought it was the best thing ever.

More like mediocre before & hardly any service afterward here in NW Alabama. No one at AL-DOT Tuscumbia Area even keeps them on anymore, not even me at "Station 20." VHF: KIV-333.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
I never thought it was great. I hated it the short time I carried it (iDen and CriticalLinc). At one time I know a lot of State agencies thought it was the best thing ever.

Southern Lincs were good administrative tools in my KIB-511 days! SL with it's direct contact feature took a lot of radio & telephone traffic off of radio operators. That freed us up to take care of VHF business without folks simply calling and asking us where someone else was all the time. I was always very vocally opposed to SL, however, for primary communications. I don't think that was ever a serious department consideration but I heard the idea from time to time.

Conservation 0fficers, on the other hand, abandoned their VHF radio system in favor of SL. I don't think them now being on the Forestry VHF system shortly after the SL change over to whatever it is now coincidental.

medic9351301

Banned
I know several pd officers that got hurt when they were on southern stinc . They got into fights and the batteries were knocked off the orginal brick units. had to wait 3 to 5 mins before they powered up and connected. Before they could call for help or hit the big orange button. But to hear sales reps talk it was the greatest thing since tp was invented. I argee with what john said great for admin or chit chat. But not for primary dispatch

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.