Can Anybody Here Recommend A Good Marine Radio External Speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I bought a DVMEGA Cast recently. I am looking for a good external speaker for it. Would a marine radio external speaker be a good choice? Are all of them waterproof/water-resistant?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I bought a DVMEGA Cast recently. I am looking for a good external speaker for it. Would a marine radio external speaker be a good choice? Are all of them waterproof/water-resistant?

Do you want an amplified one, or using the internal amplifier? Bluetooth?

bharvey2

Does it need to be a marine speaker? I've used many of these:
Motorola External Speaker
and have been quite happy with them. They've been around for years. (The link above is just one I Googled. I'm not endorsing the site)

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Does it need to be a marine speaker? I've used many of these:
Motorola External Speaker
and have been quite happy with them. They've been around for years. (The link above is just one I Googled. I'm not endorsing the site)

Yep, and while not officially waterproof, they will take a lot of rain/spray, etc. and keeping working. I've installed them in UTV's where they regularly get rained on, hosed down, etc. and they just won't die. Plus, they are dirt cheap on the used market.

bharvey2

Yep, and while not officially waterproof, they will take a lot of rain/spray, etc. and keeping working. I've installed them in UTV's where they regularly get rained on, hosed down, etc. and they just won't die. Plus, they are dirt cheap on the used market.

I don't think I've ever bought a new one. They've all been ones that have been pulled out of service. Sometimes the cases have been roughed up but they just keep on ticking.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I don't think I've ever bought a new one. They've all been ones that have been pulled out of service. Sometimes the cases have been roughed up but they just keep on ticking.

I had a big box of them left over from when we switched trunked systems. I don't think I've bought one in 20 years.

I've put them in several UTV's over the years and never had one fail. That's with all the vibration, water, snow, mud, dust, etc. I've watched my dad hose out his Polaris and hit the speaker (as well as the radios) with a direct stream of water. I've had to fix the radio a few times, but never the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.