Can Anyone Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

southtowntn

Does any one know what could have told the scanner to change freq while in manual tune???

I've been running Signal Stalker II around town, and everytime I get around a McDonalds I get a hit in 900 MHz, noise mostly. I got intrested, so I stopped by a McDonalds and manually tuned the Pro-97 to one the freq I got a hit on while running SS II, 929.### MHz something.

Here is what surprised while listening to the freq after a min or 2, which was mostly noise, with a somewhat faint beeping sound, the scanner CHANGED FREQ WHILE IN MANUAL TUNE, HOW CAN IT DO THAT?

In a lil more detail, it didn't just jump from one freq to another, it was like it started scanning. I watched the display as it changed. The freq # ran up very fast untill it stopped on another 900 MHz freq. At 1st I thought maybe it was a fluke, so I manually set it back to the freq I started on and after a min or 2 it did it again, stopping on the same freq as before.

Last edited:

firetaz834

When it did it a second time, did you hear the faint beeping sounds? If so then may that is some type of tone that is making your scanner act weird. I'm no expert but I would think the beeps are maybe some type of tone that is causing your scanner to change frequencies.

Mark01

Here is what surprised while listening to the freq after a min or 2, which was mostly noise, with a somewhat faint beeping sound, the scanner CHANGED FREQ WHILE IN MANUAL TUNE, HOW CAN IT DO THAT?
It's been a while since I've had a Pro 97 but,If you input a frequency into Tune mode
you must hit PSE (pause ) to hold on the freq otherwise it will take off searching after activity is ended on the frequency.

KB9NLL

New London (Outagamie Co. WI) & Readfield (waupa
Mark01 said:
It's been a while since I've had a Pro 97 but,If you input a frequency into Tune mode
you must hit PSE (pause ) to hold on the freq otherwise it will take off searching after activity is ended on the frequency.

Yes, sounds similiar to my Pro-96. It took me forever while on vacation (the manual was not with me) programmed the trunking where I was and wanted to follow a talkgroup. Since it was programmed in the memory I kept pushing MAN then tried trunking/talkgroup settings,found that it was the PAUSE that worked. So basically PAUSE controls the search, tune, and trunking. While MAN controls non trunking programmed memmories. On my radio anyway. I know it's stupid, even if you can't have consolidated MAN/PAUSE buttons the 96's PAUSE button is in a stupid location on the keypad (for being used a lot). O'h well just have to get used to all this kind of stuff depending on your scanner choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.