Can anyone fix my Sony ICF-2010s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

Hi!

I have not one but two ailing Sony ICF 2010s that both need repair. Both are getting the dreaded "Error 3" condition.

One works intermittently on batteries, but then switches back to Error 3 at the drop of a hat. It doesn't go past Error 3 at all when the AC adapter is plugged in, even with the D batteries removed.

The other one doesn't go past Error 3 at all, whether on batteries or plug in.

Both models show the date and time when the AA batteries are included, so my guess is that the issues have more to do with the connections between the power supplies and the unit than the AAs. I have done what many recommended--added little bits of aluminum foil to the D batteries slots to make the connection more secure. But the fact that neither radio works on AC suggests that the problem goes deeper than that.

I have absolutely no electronics fiddling capability, so doing this myself is out of the question.

I've looked around the Yahoo Groups 2010 group, where this question is asked often and no one really has a good answer. I'm hoping that a good electronics technician lurking around here might be willing to get paid to help bring these things to live, or be able to recommend a good tech, hopefully in the Boston area, who might be able to help. I'll send the things somewhere if need be.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff in Boston

raisindot

Thanks, Mike. I actually sent out an email to these guys several days ago and haven't heard back from then. I'll give it a little longer.

Jeff

k9rzz

Alright you guys ... stop digging up the dead.
icon11.gif

jis100

Premium Subscriber
Repail

The orginial post may be old and dead but the info on the repair site still alive and very useful.
Thank you

Jeff (KB8PIH)

Status
Not open for further replies.