Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I have been told Brighton Police are on 460.225
and
Irrondequoit Police are on 460.075.

If that can be verified I can add it to the database.

Mike

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Why did you change your mind, Dave? You're from that area years ago - what is accurate? I don't want to copy off of your website because that would be wrong!

Mike

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I thought Rochester Police were on vhf?

RPD left VHF (150-160 mhz) along with all other police agencies in the county back in the late 1970's or very early 1980's when Monroe County purchased and installed a county-wide UHF (460 mhz) wide-band police radio system for all police departments in the county replacing every base station, repeater, mobile, and handheld all in a very short span of time. The exact year escapes me now. NF2G may have an exact date in his records.

That same UHF system has now been expanded and moved to narrow-band, P25 with (once again) all new hardware.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
The Monroe County pager has not been updated because no one has submitted the information! I asked about these 2 freqs because they were submitted for publication, and one of them is definitely wrong from the information I've been receiving here!

Mike

tuffaznalz

The Monroe County pager has not been updated because no one has submitted the information! I asked about these 2 freqs because they were submitted for publication, and one of them is definitely wrong from the information I've been receiving here!

Mike

Brighton PD 460.075.......also Irondq. and Webster PD
Fairport PD 460.475........MCSO primary dispatch also ER, Ogden, Brockport PD

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
So did RFD go to digital also? I really hope not cause I was just reading a article about fire depts using digital radio and not being heard and 4 fire fighters died cause calls weren't heard and two of them barely made it out.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
So did RFD go to digital also? I really hope not cause I was just reading a article about fire depts using digital radio and not being heard and 4 fire fighters died cause calls weren't heard and two of them barely made it out.

The only move to digital at this time in Monroe County was all police. They've been installing mobile and base gear for over a year, and finally made the jump earlier this month. That was county wide.

Best I can tell at this point, all fire and ems in Monroe County are slowly migrating to narrow band. That's a huge undertaking itself because of all the varieties of equipment owned by all of the agencies. They are all still monitorable with older scanners, and no digital traffic that I have heard.

I will know more after I visit 911 within the next week or so.

AlexC

Database Admin
All fire/ems agencies pretty much have all narrow band compliant equipment in service now. They have been since '02-'04ish. There was a huge push on the county part during 2000-2001 to educate people on narrow band and what was going to happen.

I would think the next big project up there will be to get the county level agencies over to narrow band in the next 1-3 years. It will remain analog simulcast for the foreseeable future.

-Alex

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
So I can verify that ALL police agencies (except NYSP) have gone P-25, so I can change the database? Thanks for your confirmation.

D

DaveNF2G

I would think the next big project up there will be to get the county level agencies over to narrow band in the next 1-3 years. It will remain analog simulcast for the foreseeable future.

Narrowband does not necessarily equate to digital.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
So I can verify that ALL police agencies (except NYSP) have gone P-25, so I can change the database? Thanks for your confirmation.

If you are talking Monroe county in NY State , yes all have gone to P25 except the fire departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.