Can Anyone Help ID This Encrypted User?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenS

Been hearing a CAP+ system encrypted user today sporadically on 453.375 Code 3 Slot 1 TGID 52
I searched the RR DB by metro areas for here and L.A. and I don't see much that would match this within my range here near the bay.
I just haven't heard many users in this band using encryption. Does anyone know which entity this could be?

Thanks,
Steve

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Here is the license info:

LicenseeFrequencyCallsignEmissionStatCitySvc
Regents of the University of California453.37500000WRCU8767K60FXEALa JollaYW
Regents of the University of California453.37500000WRCU8767K60FXDALa JollaYW
Regents of the University of California453.37500000WRCU87611K0F3EALa JollaYW

StevenS

Thank celbaseman, looks like UCSD then. I wonder what it is, as even the PD comms are in the clear.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Make that TGID 62 and UID 113

Just curious how you can tell this DMR user or TG is encrypted. What scanner are you using? Is it displaying ENC in the display or is the scanner passing the encrypted audio sound to the speaker?

I can't say I've ever heard the encryption sound on any of my Uniden DMR models nor have I seen any of them display ENC on any DMR signals!
Maybe it must be held on the TG to see ENC like is true for enc P25 chatter.

StevenS

Hi kruser,
I have an SDS 200 and with those units, if you perform a range search, the screen is capable of displaying the type of signal you are monitoring (e.g. DMR or P25 etc). In addition the display will also flash "ENCRY" if the transmission is encrypted, and that is what I am seeing associated with 453.375.

Steve

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi kruser,
I have an SDS 200 and with those units, if you perform a range search, the screen is capable of displaying the type of signal you are monitoring (e.g. DMR or P25 etc). In addition the display will also flash "ENCRY" if the transmission is encrypted, and that is what I am seeing associated with 453.375.

Steve
I don't think I've ever done range searches with any of my SD card based Unidens including the SDS series. I think that explains why I'd never seen this before unless I was holding on a TG known to have encrypted users!

Thanks for this info.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I encrypted my stations radios on our Fisher Wireless Con+ system...heh.

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey @StevenS , I've been monitoring a different Capacity Plus system belonging to the same license WRCU876.

I am closer to UCSD Hillcrest Hospital, so I'm willing to bet you found UCSD Thornton Hospital. Are you closer to Thornton or Hillcrest? FYI I haven't been hearing anything on 453.375 from my location, but there's terrain in the way.

Here are the system details for what I've found:

UCSD Hillcrest Hospital
MotoTRBO Capacity Plus

453.2625 MHz - LCN 1 - LSN 1 & 2 - CC 5 - WRCU876 (Loc 2)
453.8375 MHz - LCN 2 - LSN 3 & 4 - CC 6 - WRCU876 (Loc 2)

Talkgroups:
44 Unknown
58 Encrypted (Algorithm Basic Privacy), likely security.

Radio IDs:
107, 111, 122, 161, 231

According to the license UCSD Hillcrest (Loc 2) has a 3rd frequency 460.6125 MHz, but I haven't seen the rest channel rotate to it. It just bounced around between LSN 1/2 and 3/4.

If you are closer to Thornton and the license is correct, keep an eye on the following three frequencies for this system:

I have a suspicion that this is a "Linked Capacity Plus" system, meaning both systems will be linked and carry the same traffic. If that's the case, keep an eye out for talkgroup 44 and 58 (encrypted) on the Thornton side. I will keep an eye out for talkgroup 62 (encrypted) on the Hillcrest side.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin

StevenS

Hi inigo88,

I totally didn't see your questions above. Sorry about that. I am in Clairemont/Bay Park right near the 5, so I bet you are a more reliable resource than me on reception.

Steve

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I totally didn't see your questions above. Sorry about that. I am in Clairemont/Bay Park right near the 5, so I bet you are a more reliable resource than me on reception.

I was just curious about which site you might be hearing, but from that location you might be able to hear both. I still think you were hearing Thornton, especially now that Brian has confirmed it. It’s worth giving the Hillcrest site frequencies a try also!

Status
Not open for further replies.