Can anyone help me out with Lakeville, MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolan1291

Hey guys, im fairly new to the world of scanning so i apologize in advance if im posting this in the wrong place. I just recently downloaded the Scanner Radio app for my HTC Design and its really awesome but my hometown of Lakeville, MA isn't listed (or the neighboring town of Middleboro). Would anyone be willing to help me out and stream Lakeville Police - 482.4875 and/or Middleboro Police - 470.825? Is it even that simple? Any input or suggestions on how to be able to listen in on those frequencies without an actual scanner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

KB1UAM

why don't you just program them into yor scanner and you can listen live it would be alot easier, do you own a regular police scanner?

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I agree with them....since you're mainly looking to listen to conventional freqs, pick up an inexpensive
scanner and program the freqs that you want into it, and you're good to go. But, be forwarned, once
you start monitoring the locals, you will probably want to get into the more advanced stuff such as trunking, and maybe digital. The MA State Police will probably be something you'll want to hear also, so it's just a matter of time before the "bug bites you", and you will move up to the next level.

Russell

N1BHH

Hey guys, im fairly new to the world of scanning so i apologize in advance if im posting this in the wrong place. I just recently downloaded the Scanner Radio app for my HTC Design and its really awesome but my hometown of Lakeville, MA isn't listed (or the neighboring town of Middleboro). Would anyone be willing to help me out and stream Lakeville Police - 482.4875 and/or Middleboro Police - 470.825? Is it even that simple? Any input or suggestions on how to be able to listen in on those frequencies without an actual scanner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A cellphone/smartphone is only a cellphone/smartphone. A scanner is a scanner. If you have a scanner at home ans you want to listen to it, set up a scanner feed and you can listen to it on your cellphone/smartphone.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
jdolan 1291:

It seems that we are trying to steer you towards a scanner and that is not what you really want. As the last sentence in your post reads: " Any input or suggestions on how to be able to listen in on those frequencies without an actual scanner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "

Without an actual scanner is the key and since I don't have any knowledge about the smartphone and how it works, I cannot offer any help. Sorry!

Russell

ecps92

Maybe contact your local News Paper and ask them to add Lakeville to the list

Scanner Wicked Local Middleborough

jdolan 1291:

It seems that we are trying to steer you towards a scanner and that is not what you really want. As the last sentence in your post reads: " Any input or suggestions on how to be able to listen in on those frequencies without an actual scanner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "

Without an actual scanner is the key and since I don't have any knowledge about the smartphone and how it works, I cannot offer any help. Sorry!

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.