Can anyone ID this unknown frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drafin

I was in Catawba Co. today out and about and was getting some strange stuff on 855.0625 (no trunking).

It seemed to be a cab company but then again maybe not. I went back and checked my personal database and I I got that it was licensed to Lenoir Ryhne College. This was not LRC. I tried searching the FCC database but for some reason it keeps timing out on me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Draf

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Although a signal off Crowders Mountain should have no problem covering Catawba County, but don't count Lenoir-Rhyne as a source of occasional transmissions. A 35-watt repeater and 6 2-watt handhelds probably don't generate much traffic though.

I presume L-R might use the channel for admin, since maintenance and security are on high band.

The one license for 855.0625 that might generate alot of comms that you can should be able to hear in Hudson belongs to North Western Communications. The business is in Lenoir, but the repeater on this freq is on High Peak.

I've never logged them on 855.0625, but some of their other frequencies - particularly high band - are very active with commercial and industrial communications.

Drafin

I'm fairly certain what I was hearing was a cab stand. I feel almost certain that it was the one discussed in the other thread as they kept talking about making trips.

Draf

Status
Not open for further replies.