Can anyone identify this GMRS repeater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auxscan

They operate on 462.600 will a output PL of 151.4. At the begining of every hour, the station automated voice gives a time check. I also heard an automated voice say New york, New jersey, Connecticut.

I dont know if this is a grandfather business, but its barely skimming me in Northern Brooklyn.

cousinkix1953

They operate on 462.600 will a output PL of 151.4. At the begining of every hour, the station automated voice gives a time check. I also heard an automated voice say New york, New jersey, Connecticut.

I dont know if this is a grandfather business, but its barely skimming me in Northern Brooklyn.
Get a callsign and run it in the FCC license files. You can also do a frequency search at a fixed distance from a certain zip code. The names of everybody licensed to use that frequency will appear on the screen.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp

auxscan

462.600 PL of 151.4. Blue from Conn. they have a lot of members too !

wow, and they can be heard here in nyc. do you know how much watts are they running or are they using muiltiple repeaters that are bouncing off one another?

Any links or ways to join?

Last edited:

luding2288

Premium Subscriber
Kind of on the same subject. But in Northern NJ every hour I hear something come across one of the GMRS channels as "Omega System"? It only last less then a second. Once I catch it i will log it here.

hockeyshrink

Doesn't Bluecomm use the "greek" system on 600 on LI?

(I realize myGMRS shows them listed on 550)

SCANdal

Silent Key
Two very different organizations...

Both BLUEComm (462.600) and the Long Island GMRS Community Radio Alliance (462.550) use Greek alphabet letters to identify their respective repeaters scattered throughout their respective service territories.

luding2288

Premium Subscriber
Off Subject

I caught some interesting conversation last night where someone was demanding the callsign of a user that may or may not have been using a lower freq for what it was intended for etc. I cant remember the actual freq etc. but again its good entertainment when you catch it off the pro 106 late at night. Off base are there any GMRS users in the NJ/NY tri-state. that communicate on a regular basis?

auxscan

rant!

not many repeaters are open to all licensed users, some a private, react or buff. if you mean running simplex you gotta give a better location then the tri-state area. A neighboorhood or borough where you'll be operating should get you some info. I know theres a couple of guys on 462.675 simplex around southern Queens. but not a great bunch of guys they seem to be active during the weekends around midnight. another would be on the 462.650 around the 3-6pm saw a DPL of 315 Im guessing somewhere in manhattan.

truth to be told theres alot of GMRS repeaters that are just abandon like the 675, 550 (NY), 700, 625 of (NJ). problem is that most owners will never respond to your email request if your just an average Joe.

I just wish theres was an open repeater for all licensed operators to enjoy in NY/NJ/LI area, and GMRS repeater owners are wondering why their repeaters have very little activity, if you treat people like crap and dont let operators gain access to your repeaters becaues they're not fit for you (whether is race or age wise) they are bound to join a service where they are treated better. like ham repeaters owners provide a service to to an average joe with his ham ticket. unlike GMRS.

And I Apologize if i've offended anybody here who doesn't get my point.

SCANdal

Silent Key
truth to be told theres alot of GMRS repeaters that are just abandon like the 675, 550 (NY), 700, 625 of (NJ). problem is that most owners will never respond to your email request if your just an average Joe.
Aux,

Abandoned repeaters? A lot? On what tones?

462.675, with a tone of 141.3, is used by Westchester REACT. The Manhattan Community Repeater group maintains a repeater on this frequency as well, but it's (thanks in no small part to the FCC's Enfarcement Bureau) plauged by jammers.

462.550, with a tone of 114.8, is used by the Long Island GMRS Community Radio Alliance. See Long Island GMRS Alliance for details (and he does respond to e-mails).

462.700, with a tone of 141.3, was used by the Orange County GMRS Repeater Group before they changed frequencies. RELI REACT uses the frequency as well, with a PL of 151.4. There is a repeater in Oakland, NJ that's very lightly used by a group of families around that area of Bergen County.

462.625, with a couple of different PLs (97.4, 192.8, 206.5, 107.2), last I heard, was used by affiliates of the Tri-State Emergency Communications Consortium, a REACT based organization.

I'm not sure of what repeaters you are hearing get keyed, and with which PLs/DPLs, that aren't connected with any active groups. Let us know what tones you are copying on the above frequencies. Maybe we can figure out who's it is.

SCANdal

Last edited:

hockeyshrink

...I just wish theres was an open repeater for all licensed operators to enjoy in NY/NJ/LI area, and GMRS repeater owners are wondering why their repeaters have very little activity, if you treat people like crap and dont let operators gain access to your repeaters becaues they're not fit for you (whether is race or age wise) they are bound to join a service where they are treated better. like ham repeaters owners provide a service to to an average joe with his ham ticket. unlike GMRS.

And I Apologize if i've offended anybody here who doesn't get my point.

GMRS is not amateur radio. With all due respect, aux, get your ham ticket and you will have access to repeaters all over the place. Just $15 and 35 questions (that are all listed on free self study programs on the internet) opens the repeater world to you! :)

IW_RADIO

Furthermore, many Amateur Radio and GMRS Repeaters are privately owned and operated meaning that they "closed repeaters" available for use by permission of the repeater owner. Keep in mind that repeater owners shell out thousands of dollars to construct and maintain these repeaters.

N2ROW

Omega system 550 is back on the air in Brooklyn

Omega system is back on the air. It broke down during the spring last year. Do to the need of communication in Queens and Staten Island due to Sandy. Its back on. Were having a little issue with a turbo repeater hitting the Rx at the site. But with a new notch filter in a couple of days it should correct it.

N2ROW

462.550 The OMEGA system is a closed repeater. However to request permission to use the system. Go to mygmrs.com website to request permission. We dont want the wild wild west with the repeater again. So we are allowing a few operators to use the repeater. But eventually it will close to members only. They will have thier own codes to turn the system on to use with thier families. Its not worth running an open system since the cost and the loss is not worth it. I hope you understand.
Thanks
Rich
you can contact me at n2row@hotmail.com

N2ROW

Yes, it was in Rockaway, Queens. Its now in Brooklyn. Omega will cover our old Manhattan and Queens repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.