• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can anyone identify this radio, it from the Dukes of hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleier1

My dad had something similar which was a Realistic brand made by Radio Shack. I don't know the model.

Kaleier1

The idea was to look like you had a car phone which only rich people had in those days.

russbrill

Hmm, whenever any of the characters used a CB in a scene, I seem to remember them using a Standard Hand Mic. I could be wrong, all I really remember from that show was the lady with the short shorts :)

lu81fitter

Hmm, whenever any of the characters used a CB in a scene, I seem to remember them using a Standard Hand Mic. I could be wrong, all I really remember from that show was the lady with the short shorts :)

I may be wrong, but I think that radio/phone set-up was on Boss Hogg's desk in the Duke's of Hazzard. And the fine lady with the short-shorts was Daisy Duke (Katherine Bach). I always enjoyed the scenes with her. :cool:

slowmover

C6AF5D7D-DB7F-4119-856F-785EAC151AB8.jpeg

This is a MOTOROLA IMTS RadioTelephone alike to the one my father had installed first in 1962 and in a series of Buick’s and Cadillacs until 1987.

Owned his own business so the cars + telephone owned by that company.

Head unit in car. Main unit in trunk (single tube and an unending amount of transistors & solid-state under that cover). Antenna was a base-load whip about 4’ tall. Mounted behind rear glass on passenger side. (Was often asked in late 1970s if it was for a CB).

Calls were first operator-assisted, and later one might have to wait for one of the three channels available in Dallas in those years (Dad would irritatedly cuss the rich oilmen who would tie up the lines calling their girlfriends after 5:00 as this was, literally, the only private phone use they had).

Long distance was always operator assistance. Relayed.

Early 1970s the air time cost was about $10/minute in today’s money. You’ll never guess why I remember that (was a teenager then).

Last edited:

K9DWB

QRT
Oh the prosperous and pampered life we have with these small flat rectangles in our pockets called SmartPhone.

I was looking to see if the Motorola car telephone had a coin slot, but no it doesn't.

As for remembering costs, let's guess you called someone without permission and the bill told on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.