• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can DMR TDMA work on murs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioty

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I had this question for a while now. And I just gotten myself a DMR radio and another one that is on the way. Will it be possible to send voice from the radio to murs without being licensed? Or do I have to get a license to transmit on the murs band? What’s the difference between tier 1 and tier 2. And what power should I have it on? Just in case you are wondering. It is a radioddity GD-77. Should I transmit over the unlicensed frequencies and in case what are the frequencies that are for the unlicensed murs band?

thank you
Radioty

brownalan

From a technical standpoint it is possible to transmit on MURS frequencies with the GD-77.

From a legal standpoint I do not beleive that radio is certified for MURS use, per FCC rules:

§95.2761 MURS transmitter certification

radioty

Premium Subscriber
The last I knew MURS and FRS was analog only.
Tier 1 SIMPLEX
Tier 2 REPEATED
Tier 3 TRUNKED
Note, I’m not using a repeater at all.this is radio to radio using one slot I looked it up and there were forms said it is allowed…

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Note, I’m not using a repeater at all.this is radio to radio using one slot I looked it up and there were forms said it is allowed…

Maybe you can post links to those places showing t's allowed.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
My Alinco DJ-MD5XTG is a part 90 classified radio doing dmr on Ham bands 2m, 70cm, and can be used on MURS, FRS, GMRS in digital and analog, and on other frequencies if licensed for it. Your radio ID is the key. For which my radio can use more then just 1 key, for which mine is setup as amateur use.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
NO you can not use any digital voice emissions on MURS/GMRS/FRS

47 CFR §95.371 Emission types.
In general, Personal Radio Services stations may transmit any emission type that is appropriate for the permissible uses of the specific service, provided that it does not exceed the authorized bandwidth for that service and is in full compliance with the modulation limits (if any) and unwanted emission limits for the specific service.

(a) Exceptions. In some of the Personal Radio Services, stations may transmit only certain specific emission types. Any such limits are set forth in the emission types rule in the subpart governing that service. See e.g., §§95.971 and 95.2971.

(b) Emission type designators. Emission type designators are defined in §2.201 of this chapter. Designators for emissions commonly used in the Personal Radio Services are as follows:

§95.2771 MURS emission types.
A MURS transmitter must transmit only emission types A1D, A2B, A2D, A3E, F2B, F1D, F2D, F3E, and G3E. Emission types A3E, F3E and G3E may include selective calling or tone-operated squelch tones to establish or continue voice communications. MURS transmitters are prohibited from transmitting in the continuous carrier mode.

DescriptionDesignator
Voice, AM​
A3E​
Voice, SSB​
J3E​
Voice, FM​
F3E​
Voice, PM​
G3E​
Data, FSK​
F1D​
Data, AFSK​
F2D​
Data, PSK​
G1D​
Test, no modulation​
N0N​

nd5y

My Alinco DJ-MD5XTG is a part 90 classified radio doing dmr on Ham bands 2m, 70cm, and can be used on MURS, FRS, GMRS in digital and analog, and on other frequencies if licensed for it.
Equipment that is legal to use on FRS, GMRS or MURS needs Part 95 certificfation not Part 90.
No Alinco DMR radio has Part 95 certification.
Your radio ID is the key. For which my radio can use more then just 1 key, for which mine is setup as amateur use.
None of that makes any sense at all.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
My Alinco DJ-MD5XTG is a part 90 classified radio doing dmr on Ham bands 2m, 70cm, and can be used on MURS, FRS, GMRS in digital and analog, and on other frequencies if licensed for it.

While it "can be used" doesn't mean it is legally being used.

DMR is 4 Level FSK transmission type

And where in the CFR does it authorize that on MURS/FRS/GMRS?

I only use mine on ham bands.

But you are telling others it "can be used" on MURS

Last edited:

radioty

Premium Subscriber
I have a screenshot from google from one website and this is what the website says5768C9DE-ED3A-476F-9D55-5D51B80D5ED2.png5768C9DE-ED3A-476F-9D55-5D51B80D5ED2.png

radioty

Premium Subscriber
Do you think it's a good idea to believe google search results fom some random web site instead of actual FCC rules from official government web sites?
I get it now. I’m going to close this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.