DSDPlus Can DSD+ work over TCP remote connection?

ondra

Hi,
Newbie question. I have an RTLSDR on a raspberry connected to a local network that I access through TCP from any computer, for example with SDRsharp but not with DSD+.
Can it work on a TCP connection or does it need RTLSDR to be on the same computer where DSD+ is installed?

Thanks!

cg

Premium Subscriber
The TCP connection is from the FMPx to DSDPlus and not from a different audio source like a virtual cable. It then would need to be a Windows computer

vince48

Premium Subscriber
The TCP connection is from the FMPx to DSDPlus and not from a different audio source like a virtual cable. It then would need to be a Windows computer
so when you say "FMPx" could this be an Airspy R2 (FMPA)? So, let's say my host PC is a Window machine with my Airspy my client machine is a Window machine with DSDPlus but no SDR or device, could I still connect to the host machine?
I'm jst trying to get an idea how to connect to my PC with DSDPlus and my airspy's on my LAN without using Spyserver.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
so when you say "FMPx" could this be an Airspy R2 (FMPA)?
FMPA is the tuner in dsdplus that is for use with airspy sdr's

So, let's say my host PC is a Window machine with my Airspy my client machine is a Window machine with DSDPlus but no SDR or device, could I still connect to the host machine?

You need an sdr

cg

Premium Subscriber
So a computer located anywhere can host the FMPx program and your home computer hosts the DSDPlus.
Use the -iT<addr:port> as explained in the Notes file. (I searched for remote and found the info)
You will have to do the stuff with your firewall to allow it to communicate, there are some threads here at RR about that.
Depending on the delay between the computers, you may have issues or be happy with it. I run 5 instances between 2 computers in my house with no issues. I have done internet to a friends house but don't leave it running that way.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I run 5 instances between 2 computers in my house with no issues. I have done internet to a friends house but don't leave it running that way.
Since speeds on lan should be faster than the web, I would be curious to know how decent it would perform over internet. I have an Intel Nuc gathering dust and may stick it in a remote location with a dongle.

a417

Since speeds on lan should be faster than the web, I would be curious to know how decent it would perform over internet. I have an Intel Nuc gathering dust and may stick it in a remote location with a dongle.
It works, but as the latency over your WAN connection grows the convos fall farther and farther behind. I've seen mine stabilize around 4 or 5 seconds behind a local instance. I've used it for sanity testing, but not for anything else.