Can Dual band radios connect with CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you continue: Sorry if this is the wrong thred and I am completely new to the whole radio world!
I was handed down some radios from my father, I beleive they're something like 2m dual band radios? Just in case the models are kenwood tm-231a, kenwood th-78a, and icom ic-2400a. These were made in Venezuela where restrictions are non-existent or aren't followed according to my father. Following his advice I am getting certified for ham radio to use them. But a couple of my buddies have cb radios in their cars and I was wondering if these models specifically could connect with their cb's? Thank you so much

N0IU

If you want to talk on amateur radio, use any one of those radios from your father but only AFTER you get your license!! None of those radios can be modified to work on CB. Besides, that would be illegal. If you want to talk on CB, get a CB.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
In North America, the ham two meter band takes in 144 Mhz to 148 Mhz. The citizen's band is from 26.965 to 27.405 Mhz.. Citizen's band uses amplitude modulation, The two meter radios you mention use frequency modulation.

They aren't even close to being compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.