Can Fire Tone Outs on SDS series be programmed with software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickgans

Premium Subscriber
I spent a considerable amount of time programming 5 Fire Tone Outs into my SDS200. While there are more than 30 of them I could program for the department I monitor, I am mainly interested in 10 of them. I got tired of the dial turning and button pushing today and will add the other 5 tomorrow. Problem is, I own another SDS200 and two SDS100s. Do any of the software programs for this scanner provide the capability to do this instead? I own ARC536Pro and of course, Sentinel and can't find this on either of those.

rickgans

Premium Subscriber
Thanks doctordialtone. I literally only had to read your reply for the light bulb to turn on in my head. Went right to Edit Profile in Sentinel without even reading the Easier to Read manual. I am only using Sentinel to update firmware and the display on my scanner, but after reading your post I recalled a whole lot of programming features were in the Edit Profile settings. Found it right away, and literally programmed what I needed in 5 minutes for what took me 30 minutes to do with one of my scanners yesterday. I can now put that same programming into the other 3 scanners, in about 2 minutes each. Hooray for scanner software. Now if I can only figure out how to put the scanners into Standby mode (for tone outs) with the press of a button or two, I will be a totally happy camper.

Eng74

My reply was for this.
Now if I can only figure out how to put the scanners into Standby mode (for tone outs) with the press of a button or two, I will be a totally happy camper.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I was just going through this, too, recently.

rickgans

Premium Subscriber
I was just going through this, too, recently.

I use both Sentinel and Butel ARC536PRO. Sentinel for settings (Display, Key Beeps, Tone Outs) and Butel for frequency/talkgroup setups, which is by far the harder and more important part for the trunked system I monitor. I have no programming in Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.