Can FreeScan do this with a BCT15X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axiom84

FreeScan shows options such as “Alerts” in both Visual and Audible. In the Trunking system here in San Diego, the Fire Dispatch (see attached screen shot for details) will sound audible tones that will alert those particular stations when an initial call goes out. Can I set the BCT15X to Flash its Alert Light upon sensing those Tones? I’ve not found any instructions that speak about this… Any suggestions? I do realize that FreeScan is designed for different radios with multiple features, unfortunately ALL the features are displayed, whether they work with your radio or not. It’s just determining what can work….

Attachments

• Frescan 1.jpg
    Frescan 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,103

axiom84

Any instrucrtions for set up?

Thanks... can you suggest some settings? Do you know if it alerts from a specific Tone frequency?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The 15X will alert when "any" signal is received on that channel or TG. It will not alert on the tone-out tones sent by dispatch.
It only has one color (Orange). The 996XT and 396XT have the multi-color displays.

W2PMX

If you want to differentiate dual-tone paging, use the fire tone-out inputs. You can set up an alert tone and an alert color (and flash speed) for any tone-out. (If they use single tone pages, just leave the B tone at 0.)

You can find the tone-outs in Scanner/Setup Scanner Functions/Fire Tone Out tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.