Can I delete California, Orange County, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtymer

I just received my BR330T and it is preprogrammed with 400 cities or counties and none of them are near London, Ontario. Can I just delete all these places? It looks like 64% of my memory is used by them? I'm so new at this that I don't even know what 73 is.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If I am not mistaken Uniden pre-programs its radios to scan the 'busiest' trunked systems in the U.S.
I got my 246 with the same systems.
Check your manual to on how to delete all of them (I'd tell ya how but I am at work and dont have my manual or 246 with me).

E

RolnCode3

oldtymer said:
I just received my BR330T and it is preprogrammed with 400 cities or counties and none of them are near London, Ontario. Can I just delete all these places? It looks like 64% of my memory is used by them? I'm so new at this that I don't even know what 73 is.
It's your radio, you can do as you please. You could download the ARC software for creating backups and make a clone of your original loadout, should you decide you want it back.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Unless you plan on travelling there, by all means blow them away. Not to mention the information for these cities is fairly basic and may well be out of date by now. I'd wipe the sucker clean and start your own configuration.

oldtymer

Trying to get one channel only.

I am trying to hear any traffic on 142.3350 and I believe it is a conventional signal. Can you suggest what I might be doing wrong? I turn the unit on. I press the "hold" button, I press 1-4-2-.-3-3-5-0, I press "hold" again and the screen says HOLD L/O Quick Search
142.3375MHz NFM SCR REP.........but the channel I entered is .3350 yet the screen sits on .3375 and I never hear anything. How can I get the scanner to sit on 142.3350? and not 142.3375? Thanx.....oldtymer.

Status
Not open for further replies.