Can I Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskForce4

Hello, I am a disabled veteran from the Dallas Ft. Worth area who now lives in S. America. Obviouse why I don´t subscribe to the pager service since I live outside the USA. I listen to the Dallas and Richardson Fire channels quite a bit each day. I was wondering what I need to do to be able to help by typing in some of the live updates when I hear them on the Dallas Fire Rescue channel, like ¨Eng 33 out, 1 story residence, lots of fire in the front¨ etc.

I worked fire crash rescue in the USAF so I have some knowledge regarding box alarms, MVA´s and the usualy terminology.

Thank you for your time.

Howard

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Moved to the TX forum (from Forums Admin) before approval. Not sure what this fellow is after doing, hopefully someone in the Metroplex might have an idea.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am a disabled veteran from the Dallas Ft. Worth area who now lives in S. America. Obviouse why I don´t subscribe to the pager service since I live outside the USA. I listen to the Dallas and Richardson Fire channels quite a bit each day. I was wondering what I need to do to be able to help by typing in some of the live updates when I hear them on the Dallas Fire Rescue channel, like ¨Eng 33 out, 1 story residence, lots of fire in the front¨ etc.

I worked fire crash rescue in the USAF so I have some knowledge regarding box alarms, MVA´s and the usualy terminology.

Thank you for your time.

Howard

Hi Howard-

Are you talking about paging incidents for incident notification services like Incident Page Network (IPN)?
(:: IPN :: Nationwide Fire & Police Incident Notification)

If not, I am unclear on what you are asking. If you could elaborate a little more, that would be great.

TaskForce4

Hello,

Yes, I think this the page I am talking about. Here is the link to the page I use to listen

Dallas County, Texas (TX) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

I was wondering since I listen so much, if you wanted or needed people to volunteer to update incidents, as you can see on the page I provided the link to. I see people like (DFW33) and others who I think are the ones updating the important calls.

Like I said, I live in S. America now so I obviously can´t use the pager update. I have no ¨Account¨ to speak of, I just listen on my home computer and was thinking since I often listen, if I could help out in some way, to chip in for using the free service, great.

If not, I understand. Thanks for your time.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

There is a "breaking news" topic, for most geographic areas. You could post updates there, for things you hear.

I don't know if they would want info on the "bread and butter" calls, or just the unusual and/or multi-alarm calls.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Yes, I think this the page I am talking about. Here is the link to the page I use to listen

Dallas County, Texas (TX) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

I was wondering since I listen so much, if you wanted or needed people to volunteer to update incidents, as you can see on the page I provided the link to. I see people like (DFW33) and others who I think are the ones updating the important calls.

Like I said, I live in S. America now so I obviously can´t use the pager update. I have no ¨Account¨ to speak of, I just listen on my home computer and was thinking since I often listen, if I could help out in some way, to chip in for using the free service, great.

If not, I understand. Thanks for your time.

Howard-

It sounds like what you are asking is if you can "dispatch" incidents that you hear when you are listening to the live audio feed for IPN, an incident notification service. With very few exceptions, all of the incidents dispatched to IPN show up on the respective county's live audio page. If this is what you are asking, you would need to go to IPN's "Become a Dispatcher" page and fill out a dispatcher application in order for you to be able to be accepted to dispatch incidents for IPN. DFW333, as you mentioned, is a dispatcher for IPN in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Since I have been a dispatcher for IPN for over two years, I can honestly say that I have a lot of fun with it and it is a great experience. If you need any help, feel free to contact the IPN tech support team at support@incidentpage.net or send me a private message and I will help you to the best of my ability.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.