Can I Import Excel Sheet Into Sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I've been looking around the forums and haven't seen any help on whether you can import an excel spreadsheet into sentinel. I've been able to copy/paste one line at a time into one of my favorites into sentinel though I would be interested in importing a full spread sheet at once.

I'm guessing it can't be done. The ARCsoft app looks like it does copy/paste also but does not mention if it's just one line at a time. One line at a time is very tedius.

thanks

phask

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel and Arc will both let one copy and paste , and multiple lines are OK.

In Sentinel you MUST create the "blank" lines first.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Something else to add:

The Service Types have to be exact matches to what Sentinel recognizes. For example "Fire dispatch" is different than "Fire Dispatch" (capitalized "D"). If you attempt to insert the incorrect value, a pop-up error message window appears that says "Paste Operation Failed You can not paste. . . ".

Another example is the Audio column "ctcss 151.4 Hz" would not be accepted because CTCSS must be capitalized.

So Sentinel will insist on correct entries and let you know if there is a problem.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You don't have to create ALL the blank lines - just so long as you have at least one. Position your cursor in the appropriate column of the blank line and hit Ctrl+V and it should "expand" the paste area as necessary.

An easy way to ensure your data matches what Sentinel expects is to create a dummy line or two in a favorites list with some bogus data (or use real data if you have it). Copy those over to your Excel sheet as a guide so you can reference them while building your spreadsheet.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to create ALL the blank lines - just so long as you have at least one. Position your cursor in the appropriate column of the blank line and hit Ctrl+V and it should "expand" the paste area as necessary.

An easy way to ensure your data matches what Sentinel expects is to create a dummy line or two in a favorites list with some bogus data (or use real data if you have it). Copy those over to your Excel sheet as a guide so you can reference them while building your spreadsheet.

Great tip! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.