Can I listen to Hamilton EMS on scene of calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzPenguinFTW

Alright. I have a BC125AT. I have some HEMS frequencies programmed, they are:

HEMS Dispatch - 150.5750
HEMS Transport - 150.6950

I can only hear transmissions from the HEMS Transport 150.6950 frequency. The transmission include a quick tone at the start, then says something like "2031, Code 4, King and John" (just an example).

I get nothing from the HEMS Dispatch 150.5750 frequency. Am I able to listen to the Paramedics on scene of the call?
Why can I not hear anything on the HEMS Dispatch? Because currently the transmissions I am hearing are not very descriptive. I hope to receive a reply soon :)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

HEMS Dispatch - 150.5750

I can only hear transmissions from the HEMS Transport 150.6950 frequency. The transmission include a quick tone at the start, then says something like "2031, Code 4, King and John" (just an example).

I get nothing from the HEMS Dispatch 150.5750 frequency. Am I able to listen to the Paramedics on scene of the call?
Why can I not hear anything on the HEMS Dispatch? Because currently the transmissions I am hearing are not very descriptive. I hope to receive a reply soon :)
You are going to need a trunk tracking scanner.

Please look at the stickies on this page, it will put you in the right direction to monitor EMS as well as other things.

And with a trunk tracking capable scanner you can hear calls right on through. My neighbour had the EMS to her house, scary situation but I heard EMS arrive and call ahead to the hospital.

E

You now are hearing the pages for calls.

mjf

Premium Subscriber

HEMS Dispatch - 150.5750

Those are both paging frequencies which is why the details are brief. There is just enough info to get the ambulance on the way to a call. As EJB said, you will need a trunk tracking scanner to pick up the transmissions between the dispatch and the ambulance. These calls are on the Bell Fleetnet trunked system (Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies).

There are some other EMS frequencies you can receive on your 125AT. Check this page: Ontario - Ministry of Health Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

149.440 is also paging like 150.695. 150.100 is a common channel but you can often hear air ambulances talking to ground ambulances on scene. The mobile repeater channels are used to relay transmissions from the main ambulance radio to the paramedic's handheld radio. If an ambulance is close by, you will hear the full calls on here. Put all five channels in your scanner.

--
Mike

ItzPenguinFTW

You are going to need a trunk tracking scanner.

Please look at the stickies on this page, it will put you in the right direction to monitor EMS as well as other things.

And with a trunk tracking capable scanner you can hear calls right on through. My neighbour had the EMS to her house, scary situation but I heard EMS arrive and call ahead to the hospital.

E

You now are hearing the pages for calls.

Alright. What stickies? Can you tell me about some good trunking scanners that is easy to carry and are max 250 bucks? Thanks for the help.

ATCTech

You're staring up the tailpipe of long and messy discussion. I'll start with the really bad news.

The radio system Hamilton EMS uses (called FleetNet, which covers all of Ontario) they share with OPP, MNR, MOT, most EMS across Ontario and a few other less radio-prolific users is on the cusp of going the way of the dodo bird over the next year to perhaps 2 years before it's totally phased out.

That estimation is subject to change of course and it depends what geographic areas are switched over first, but the initial few new radio sites are on the air under test in the Windsor area now so it's not a fable for bedtime stories I'm afraid. The replacement system itself can be received by a scanner, no problem, however all, and I mean all indications are that virtually every user will be digitally encrypted and therefore unmonitorable including (we are lead to believe) the mobile repeater radios in many of the police and emergency services vehicles.

That's really all that needs to be said at this point. You could find a used but perfect radio now and use it for the life expectancy of FleetNet, plus a handful of other services (but not City of Hamilton Public/Police Services as they too are encrypted) once FleetNet is in the rear view mirror.

That decision is yours and yours alone my friend, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's the way it is...

ItzPenguinFTW

Those are both paging frequencies which is why the details are brief. There is just enough info to get the ambulance on the way to a call. As EJB said, you will need a trunk tracking scanner to pick up the transmissions between the dispatch and the ambulance. These calls are on the Bell Fleetnet trunked system (Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies).

There are some other EMS frequencies you can receive on your 125AT. Check this page: Ontario - Ministry of Health Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

149.440 is also paging like 150.695. 150.100 is a common channel but you can often hear air ambulances talking to ground ambulances on scene. The mobile repeater channels are used to relay transmissions from the main ambulance radio to the paramedic's handheld radio. If an ambulance is close by, you will hear the full calls on here. Put all five channels in your scanner.

--
Mike

Thank you so much. I can hear them on the vehicle repeaters right now. Looks like I just saved myself from buying a 500 dollar scanner

gary123

Also if your looking at buying new hardware you may seriously want to consider hardware that can handle simulcast and P25 Phase II (TDMA) systems. Something that can have DMR and NXDN added as a future option would not be a bad idea either.

Its not going to be cheap, but then again good hardware is not cheap.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Also if your looking at buying new hardware you may seriously want to consider hardware that can handle simulcast and P25 Phase II (TDMA) systems. Something that can have DMR and NXDN added as a future option would not be a bad idea either.

Its not going to be cheap, but then again good hardware is not cheap.

It's not extremely expensive. I saw a Uniden 325p2 for $275 recently.

Uniden scanners: 396xt, 396T, Home Patrol, 996xt, 436, 536, sds100, and 200 series.

The Home Patrol, 436, 536 and SDS series come already loaded. Literally, you can put in what you want in the database.

With the 396 series, 325p2 you have to know how to use the databases here and program yourself. You have all the information here and this website is the world's best for scanning.

As long as you are humble, use some punctuation, and can be patient, you will get help from me and probably others.

And maybe someone here have scanners to sell.

I've been here for over 18 years, longer than my marriage, lol.

E

I know nothing about Whistler scanners.

ItzPenguinFTW

It's not extremely expensive. I saw a Uniden 325p2 for $275 recently.

Uniden scanners: 396xt, 396T, Home Patrol, 996xt, 436, 536, sds100, and 200 series.

The Home Patrol, 436, 536 and SDS series come already loaded. Literally, you can put in what you want in the database.

With the 396 series, 325p2 you have to know how to use the databases here and program yourself. You have all the information here and this website is the world's best for scanning.

As long as you are humble, use some punctuation, and can be patient, you will get help from me and probably others.

And maybe someone here have scanners to sell.

I've been here for over 18 years, longer than my marriage, lol.

E

I know nothing about Whistler scanners.

Hmm, alright. I saw your message on my profile but when I click on your profile, it says I don't have permission to view it. Any idea how to fix it? If not, I can leave my twitter or instagram.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey @mciupa.
I sent ItzPenguinFTW a message but he can't access my profile. How can we communicate via messages?

I think I can help them out.

gary123

EJB if we are married type of thing will you do my laundry :)

I know little about Whistler either. When I bought scanners I wanted to stick with main stream units figuring that there would be more people with them and user support and feedback would be better for that reason

Status
Not open for further replies.