Can I listen to LATIE with a BCD-396T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfeeny

I have a relative who lives in Houma, LA and is looking to get a BCD-396T scanner, so he can listen to police, fire, ems, etc. I realize LATIE is a P25 system and so the BCD-396T should pick that up, but are most of the agencies encrypted on there, or will he be able to listen to a good bit unencrypted?

He bought a BC-246T but it appears without digital you are very limited in listening to anything around Houma, LA, because it seems almost everything is on LATIE.

Thanks for any help!

regression

Yep, the BCD-396T can listen to the LATIE system. I listen to it when I am Baton Rouge visiting family. Not sure how much in Homua is encrypted. Someone else can chime in and let us know.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The only widespread use of encryption threatened (it has not happened yet) is Lafayette Parish and the city of Lafayette. There have been scattered reports of special ops encryption, but generally a 396T will work quite well everywhere on the LATIE system except in the New Orleans area where dealing with the simulcast sites causes minor monitoring problems.

shew

houma latie

loumaag said:
The only widespread use of encryption threatened (it has not happened yet) is Lafayette Parish and the city of Lafayette. There have been scattered reports of special ops encryption, but generally a 396T will work quite well everywhere on the LATIE system except in the New Orleans area where dealing with the simulcast sites causes minor monitoring problems.

houma p.d. and terrebonne s.o. is on latie and both are unencrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.