can I monitor more than 1 MPSCS tower with the Pro 106?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I got a Pro 106 to listen to the MPSCS (Michigan). I was wondering if its possible to program in a 2nd MPSCS tower freq to listen to the talkgroups I already have programmed in and monitor both towers at the same time. Is there something special I gotta do to let the scanner know this?

SCPD

QRT
I think I figured it out using the info on page 82-84 of the manual. Seems like it'll only monitor the stronger signal though even when I put it on stationary mode.

Last edited:

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Mpscs

It depends on what you mean by multiple towers at the same time. If you mean scan multiple towers yes. If you mean actually receiving and decoding at the same time the answer is no.

It depends on how you set up your system. The scanner can scan multiple towers and decode each one within range and move on to the next. Or it can lock on to the strongest signal and stay there.

I have only one tower in my home virtual folder to monitor only my local tower. My work v-folder has multiple towers so the scanner decodes any tower it can receive. You can even set a threshold for towers to decode.

It's all selectable in the SYS set up.

Les

I got a Pro 106 to listen to the MPSCS (Michigan). I was wondering if its possible to program in a 2nd MPSCS tower freq to listen to the talkgroups I already have programmed in and monitor both towers at the same time. Is there something special I gotta do to let the scanner know this?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
It can monitor the strong towers (above a range that you set) or monitor ALL towers within range

nice feature!

I think I figured it out using the info on page 82-84 of the manual. Seems like it'll only monitor the stronger signal though even when I put it on stationary mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.