Can I scan Motorola Turbo with Encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powderchaser

Sorry if this has been discussed but been a few years since I have been on the site. Snowbird Ski Patrol in Utah uses Motorola Turbo with Encryption. Is there a portable scanner that can now monitor this? Does anyone know the codes for Snowbird Ski Patrol or am I still out of luck?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Encryption is meant to keep anyone not affiliated with the agency from monitoring communications, so no, it looks like you're out of luck.

bama9999

There are no scanners that can currently receive Mototrbo, and even if there were, you could only receive traffic that wasn't encrypted. Besides the HUGE technical hurdle you would have to overcome to hear encrypted traffic, it is illegal to monitor it.

n7slc

I know I'm really late to this discussion, but I'm one of the techs that installed that system back in '09. It's a 3-site, 5-channels per site, IPSC system. The three sites are located on the lower tram building (master), Hidden Peak and the Iron Blossom lodge.

It was setup originally with basic encryption (no passkey) and as of Feb 2013 it was still setup that way. I've since changed employers and no longer service their system so they may have changed things. Doubtful though, since they're a bunch of tight-wads.

Check your PMs

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.