Can I set display to only come on when there is a transmission SDS200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I would like to set my display to only come on when there is a transmission, otherwise when radio is quiet the display is off or blank (black).

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I believe you can. I do it with the SDS100 to save battery but not with my SDS200 (I like the impressive customized color display options.)

In the menu go to Display Options>Backlight Options>Set Timer>Squelch>Open Squelch. Then, if necessary, back out to Select Event>Keypress and choose something other than Infinite.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Yes. I believe you can. I do it with the SDS100 to save battery but not with my SDS200 (I like the impressive customized color display options.)

In the menu go to Display Options>Backlight Options>Set Timer>Squelch>Open Squelch. Then, if necessary, back out to Select Event>Keypress and choose something other than Infinite.
OK thanks....I found what I was doing wrong....works nicely! You have to set the dimmer to SQUELCH only, set dimmer mode to either lo med or hi....return radio to scan and press vol knob to turn display OFF.....when a call comes thru it lites up! I wanted to do this because I am monitoring a single site (P25) which is not real active. Although the SDS radio display is nice and colorful I normally dont look at it much cause I have 3 other radios and computer screen at desk.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Just so you know...
The display itself is always running... The only thing off is the backlight...
This is the same for the SDS100 as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.