Can I set up DSDPlus to SCAN individual DMR freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I found a bunch of new frequencies for businesses using DMR on the website "Digitalfrequencysearch". Is there any way to set up DSDPLus to SCAN approx. 12 DMR frequencies? Right now I only can set it to 1 freq.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can. create a file named FMP24.Scanlist the format will be FREQ MODE DELAY USER NAME. Save it in the DSD+ folder.

For example...
453.125 DMR Delay=1.0 Acme Dusting Service
452.0125 DMR Delay=2.0 Bob Ruzzo Contracting
123.025 AM Delay=.5 Helicopters A-A

To start scanning press "S" to exit hit ESC

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Yes you can. create a file named FMP24.Scanlist the format will be FREQ MODE DELAY USER NAME. Save it in the DSD+ folder.

For example...
453.125 DMR Delay=1.0 Acme Dusting Service
452.0125 DMR Delay=2.0 Bob Ruzzo Contracting
123.025 AM Delay=.5 Helicopters A-A

To start scanning press "S" to exit hit ESC
Thank you! Glad to see my Contracting company is finally up and running. Now I can start making the BIG BUCKS. One question though....what is the "1.0", "2.0" and ".5" mean?

a417

Thank you! Glad to see my Contracting company is finally up and running. Now I can start making the BIG BUCKS. One question though....what is the "1.0", "2.0" and ".5" mean?

the Notes.txt file said:
New FMP24.ScanList file options:

"AM" or "FM" can be used as the "protocol type" for analog channels.

"BW=<num>" can be used to select a specific RF bandwidth filter. Units are kHz.

"DELAY=<num>" can be used to specify a "wait for a reply" delay period. Units are seconds.
emphasis added

congrats on the company! just make sure to pay your taxes

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
emphasis added

congrats on the company! just make sure to pay your taxes
:cool: When I press "S" to scan it toggles "shaping filter" I tried pressing "S" in every screen but nothing shows it is scanning. Says "fmp24.scanlist not found" "Scanner terminated" But I have the FMP24.Scanlist file right in the DSDPlus folder.

Attachments

• scanlist.JPG
    scanlist.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
:cool: When I press "S" to scan it toggles "shaping filter" I tried pressing "S" in every screen but nothing shows it is scanning. Says "fmp24.scanlist not found" "Scanner terminated" But I have the FMP24.Scanlist file right in the DSDPlus folder.

Not shift S, not capital S just s

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Also, if you save it in NOTEPAD it will save it as a txt file. Two options to change this, go to File explorer and change name to just FMP24.scanlist, or #2 in NOTEPAD before you save it select all files and then save it.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Also, if you save it in NOTEPAD it will save it as a txt file. Two options to change this, go to File explorer and change name to just FMP24.scanlist, or #2 in NOTEPAD before you save it select all files and then save it.
tried everything and no go. Something wrong I cant figure out. Keeps saying "cant find fmp24.scanlist." But I know its there and I know it is titled right.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
No it is not, you have the extension hidden since it says it is a text file.
OK it is a stupid Windows thing....I went to command prompt and RENAMED and it seems to be scanning now. Thanks for help. I never had to deal with hidden extension issues before!

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
YES! Look at this.... the order might be reversed but you can figure it out based on the earlier way I said to save.

Screenshot 2020-10-08 16.17.51.pngScreenshot 2020-10-08 16.17.58.pngScreenshot 2020-10-08 16.18.22.pngScreenshot 2020-10-08 16.18.33.png

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• errors.JPG
    errors.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 19

a417

this was taken from the support.winzip.com website.
winzip.png

OK it is a stupid Windows thing....I went to command prompt and RENAMED and it seems to be scanning now. Thanks for help. I never had to deal with hidden extension issues before!
You might have, they used to bury this setting under the explorer properties page.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Scanning fine but TONS of errors for some reason. Using a OMNI X antenna up pretty high and all these stations are close by. Fooled with gain up and down but didnt make much difference.

Sorry can't help with that, but I got you scanning at least. Hopefully someone with more DSD+ knowledge can help

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Sorry can't help with that, but I got you scanning at least. Hopefully someone with more DSD+ knowledge can help
I thouight maybe its the BANDWIDTH.....its supposed to be 12.5 for DMR but it is showing 7.6. I tried to change it by pressing "B" but it keeps going back to 7.6. I guess thats what its supposed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.