• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can I Use An A Tone Or B Tone As 0.0 To Tone Out Multiple Stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I originally posted this about the Unidedn SDS100, but I also have a Unication G5 monitoring 16 pairs of Tone Out frequencies. If I want to use it for more than 16 pairs, how will the Unication G5 respond if I use 0.0 as Tone A or Tone B for the agencies that have more than one station on the opposite tone?

Here is an example. One of the fire departments for a city near me uses multiple tones. They are as follows:

Tone A Tone B

953.7 569.0 Station 1

953.7 600.9 Station 2

953.7 400.9 Station 3

953.7 634.5 All Call

If I program a Tone-Out Standby as Tone A: 953.7 Hz and Tone B as 0.0, how will the Unication G5 respond with that?

Another fire department near me uses the following sets of tones:

Tone A Tone B

421.6 832.5 Station 2

433.0 832.5 Duty Crew

2043.8 832.5 All Call

If I program a Tone-Out Standby as Tone A: 0.0 Hz and Tone B as 832.5, how will the Unication G5 respond with that?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
It wont respond. Its designed to activate on specific tone sets not 0/0

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The pager needs to hear both pairs in order for the tone to be considered a valid match.

You could attempt to program this first tone in as a long tone, but that tone needs to be present for about 5 seconds in order for the pager to respond.

RBMTS

This conversation has me thinking. In D3 you can customize the settings of a tone group by changing the tone table setting to "User Defined". The long tone can be reduced down to as little as 200ms. So if you changed it to 1000ms (1 second), you might be able to do what you are asking. It would be worth a try. I've changed the tone set timings to alert on console alert tones (not pager tones) - some of which are as fast as 300ms. It works. So maybe changing the long tone would work to decode the first tone of a 2-tone group. The pager is very smart so it might be looking for a single tone and won't alert when it hears the second tone.

Again, it's worth a try.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I did give this a try today with my Unication G5, but I had no success. If I keep tweaking the timings, I might have better luck, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.