• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

can i use an mt2000 / mts2000 speaker part on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeyside

is there an audio jack on it or something i want to be able to use it as a computer... meaning like i can talk through it as a computer microphone.
for an example (not using it for this of course), talking to people on skype. can the microphone part be able to transmit audio like that?

thanks

fdscan

I've thought about doing this too with some other microphones but as mmckenna said it probably requires dismantling and soldering and measuring and a lot of work.

mancow

Database Admin
Search for the schematic, they are out there. They generally require around 8 volts. I'm sure it could be done with some modification.

fdscan

Search for the schematic, they are out there. They generally require around 8 volts. I'm sure it could be done with some modification.

Theoretically it could be done somehow, using a project box or something to enclose the connections, but it would take a lot of work.

I've thought of doing this with a normal palm mic the mobiles have, it eliminates the hassle of having to wire the audio-out into this.

You say "speaker part", are you referring to a shoulder speaker mic or the actual speaker in a radio??? If you are referring to the shoulder mic, what model speaker mic do you have? If you have the higher end model, (don't know the model #) the cable that connected to the speaker mic it self, used a RJ45 connecter under the rubber boot, you can simply get a Cat5 cable and put a 1/8" plug on one end to plug it into your comp. likewise, if you want the coiled cable, simple cut off the radio connector and throw on an 1/8" connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.