Kenwood: Can I use magnetic phone holder with Kenwood faceplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2BRI

Can I use magnetic phone holder to hold my Kenwood faceplate in my vehicle will magnet have any effect on it?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Rred

There shouldn't be anything in the faceplate that cares about magnets. But if you want to be certain, take a magnet from a scrapped hard drive (strong and free) or a good refrigerator magnet (inexpensive) and try running it around the faceplate to make sure nothing happens.

Magnetic phone mounts can be a bad idea. If you are ever in a crash, the phone becomes a missile. (as does everything that's not secured.) Even if it doesn't hit you, it may be smashed, lost, and useless if you need it to call for help. FWIW.

wrath

Everything that is not secured can become a secondary projectile in an MVA , don't worry about it breaking , worry about it breaking You! I have been to PIAA'S where drivers were killed by the old bagphone cellular phones and other things like a a temporary stereo, Maglite flashlight s ,all very normal to be in a car environment but not properly stowed and secured.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

cmdrwill

wrath} " Everything that is not secured can become a secondary projectile in an motor vehicle accident. "

Exactly. Gotta tie your kangaroo down.

Status
Not open for further replies.