DSDPlus Can I use more than 1 CC to monitor a P25 simulcast system using DSD Plus Fastlane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring one site and one control channel of a 4 zone P25 simulcast system. Seems to be working ok and trying to clean up audio a bit. Can I use the OTHER 3 control channels for the other 3 Zones in my area? In other words can I monitor the WHOLE SYSTEM instead of just one site? I am using PAID version of DSD Plus / Fastlane. There are some configuration files and I remember entering the control frequency of our "NORTH ZONE" into one of those files. But can you append the config file (whichever one it is) by ADDING more control channels? See pic below....it is one of the config files where you enter frequency. It works, receives all the associated voice freqs, but I want to be able to also receive the other 3 zones.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Can you actually receive the sites in the other three zones from your present location?
Yes since RI is a little state and I live in center. The site towers are all around me between 6 and 15 miles. I normally use a yagi for my SDS200 which works good. But for my sdr I use an 800 mhz mag mount up on ground plane in gutter on roof. Its a 2 story house so it works ok in this location. I tried a discone but it was awful so I use that for other stuff.

slicerwizard

Yes, you can. Use one dongle per site. The DSD+ FL Notes.txt file specifically mentions monitoring multiple sites. The FlightAware oranges are excellent at picking up non-local signals.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can. Use one dongle per site. The DSD+ FL Notes.txt file specifically mentions monitoring multiple sites. The FlightAware oranges are excellent at picking up non-local signals.
OK thanks for the info. I suppose for now I will have to get by with my one dongle! What is Flight Aware Oranges?

Status
Not open for further replies.