Can I use PROSCAN to broadcast to my phone using data cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I would like to know if I can set up Proscan simply to broadcast just to my phone. Maybe to use around the house where I can monitor when I am outside. I DON'T want to use audio cable cause I have too many noise issues. Can I use the data cable that came with radio. I am using Uniden SDS200. I am not interested in broadcasting over internet unless there is a way to do it solely for my own listening. The setup is a little confusing to me and I dont know where to begin. Thanks.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Use the LAN port and yes, ProScan can broadcast locally. The only time you bring your broadcast to the Internet is through port forwarding on your router. Don't port forward and only devices on your network can listen.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The setup is a little confusing to me and I dont know where to begin. Thanks.

Read this document from the ProScan website for step by step instructions:

The first part deals with the WiFi setup on the BCD536HP, but just set that part up using the SDS200 menu system. Once it's setup, you can use the web browser on your phone to watch, listen, and control your scanner.

As mentioned, just don't setup any port forwarding if you want only your local network involved.

If you want to listen to your scanner on your phone anywhere you go, you can port forward your router. No one else can use that stream unless you give them the specific URL that is setup in the ProScan web server on your computer, and the stream can also be password protected.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I dont think the sds200 has wireless capability

You can use the RJ45 connection on the front of the SDS200 to connect to your LAN, or many of us (including myself) use a WiFi bridge to connect the SDS200 to the LAN. However you choose to connect, the LAN audio connection is FAR superior to a wired audio connection.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
You can use the RJ45 connection on the front of the SDS200 to connect to your LAN, or many of us (including myself) use a WiFi bridge to connect the SDS200 to the LAN. However you choose to connect, the LAN audio connection is FAR superior to a wired audio connection.

OH OK....I might have to go back to using audio cable cause my router is too far from radio. And I dont have a good understanding of wifi or networks.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If your computer has WIFI and a LAN port, you can connect the scanner to the computer via LAN and then connect the computer to the router via WIFI.
There is some step by step instructions in a RR thread.

chris

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
If your computer has WIFI and a LAN port, you can connect the scanner to the computer via LAN and then connect the computer to the router via WIFI.
There is some step by step instructions in a RR thread.

chris
OK thats easier! Computer has LAN port but I use wireless adapter so is it possible to use both together or do I need to disable wireless adapter dongle to use WAN port? I am going to need help with this cause I am completely clueless when it comes to networking. I see how to connect a network cable to the LAN jack on both SDS200 & computer rear panel. Thats about as far as I understand. I can get in to my router setup. But again I am wary of messing around in there. I do have port forwarding enabled from when I used Proscan to broadcast audio using audio cable to my phone. But the audio cable option is lame and noisy. I did search on here for instructions but havent found what I need yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.