Can I use the Bearcat BC125AT for these frequences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsquared

I'm looking to monitor West dispatch and the various tac channels. I see they are part of the Project 25 Phase II but it looks like only one channel is actually using the P25. If that is the case, can I just use the BC125 to monitor those other channels?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-31 191525.png
    Annotation 2020-07-31 191525.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 60

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
For the ones still on analog, yes. That radio model doesn't support anything digital.

Gsquared

For the ones still on analog, yes. That radio model doesn't support anything digital.
Excuse me for my ignorance but does the "Mode" column show that those other channels are transmitting on FM Narrowband and not digital?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Excuse me for my ignorance but does the "Mode" column show that those other channels are transmitting on FM Narrowband and not digital?
Except for the West Digital frequency (P25), all of the other frequencies are analog narrowband FM (FMN) which the BC125AT will receive OK.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Tennessee has a statewide digital trunked system. You may not hear much on the analog channels if they are just backups to talkgroups on the statewide system.

It should work for now on all except KCFD 05 D as stated above, but it looks like Rural-Metro is planning a move to the TACN system.

Attachments

• KNOX.PNG
    KNOX.PNG
    39.6 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.