Can lock out "ENC" TG's DSD Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I monitor a LARGE commercial DMR system with lots of different users. I noticed some of the ambulence tg's are encrypted. Is there a way to lock TG's that are encrypted out? I mean lock out so they dont appear on the event log. The audio is locked out in the "channel activity" window but sometimes you can hear a slight "squawk" noise.

air-scan

Monitoring threshold in DSD+FL as always lets you monitor talk groups you have set a higher priority. If talk group 123 is set to 20 while talk group 456 is at default 50 then if you set threshold to say 40 then you're just going to hear talk group 123. You can set talk groups to 100 and set a few to 70 and threshold to 70 you're only going to hear priorities 70 and higher priority. Saves you time from locking out many many talk groups. Holding is easier but it's all about preference.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Monitoring threshold in DSD+FL as always lets you monitor talk groups you have set a higher priority. If talk group 123 is set to 20 while talk group 456 is at default 50 then if you set threshold to say 40 then you're just going to hear talk group 123. You can set talk groups to 100 and set a few to 70 and threshold to 70 you're only going to hear priorities 70 and higher priority. Saves you time from locking out many many talk groups. Holding is easier but it's all about preference.
I found the "Monitoring threshold" setting. Set at 100. But is that for ALL talk groups coming in? How do you specify which tg's to set the threshhold to?

Last edited:

BM82557

From Notes.txt file --

By request, added a mode that hides traffic that is below the current monitoring threshold.
Press B in DSD+ to cycle through modes. Use T/t to adjust monitoring threshold.
Hidden traffic will not appear in the event window and will be dimmed in the channel window.

and ---

Group calls: clicking priority number adjusts talkgroup priority up or down

and ----

Last edited:

air-scan

I found the "Monitoring threshold" setting. Set at 100. But is that for ALL talk groups coming in? How do you specify which tg's to set the threshhold to?
Edit the DSDPlus.groups file. by default they are set to 50. Just replace 50 with a lower number which puts it at a higher priority. There is another way but I am typing this from memory and don't have DSD+ text files up.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Right or Left click the priority number on an active transmission to increase or decrease the priority setting.
READ or SEARCH the Notes file. Also, the help file lists the active keys.

chris

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Right or Left click the priority number on an active transmission to increase or decrease the priority setting.
READ or SEARCH the Notes file. Also, the help file lists the active keys.

chris
OK so in other words to make this simple, I can go into "GROUPS" file, and any entry I see with "ENC" I can change the number "50" to "100" to block out that TG?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Pretty simple already. The default priority for new groups is 50. There is a threshold Priority Setting (I think default is 75). Anything above the threshold is ignored anything below is passed to the speakers unless it is locked out. You can change the threshold via the menu.
So, yes if you put encrypted groups to 100, they will be ignored.

chris

slicerwizard

OK so in other words to make this simple, I can go into "GROUPS" file, and any entry I see with "ENC" I can change the number "50" to "100" to block out that TG?
Aren't encrypted trunk talkgroups already locked out, i.e. DSD+ doesn't tune to them unless you have Follow Encrypted Voice Calls enabled?

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Aren't encrypted trunk talkgroups already locked out, i.e. DSD+ doesn't tune to them unless you have Follow Encrypted Voice Calls enabled?
Yes they are set so there is NO audio and "L/O" appears in the box the frequencies are displaying. "Follow encrypted voice calls" is DISABLED. What I am trying to do is eliminate them from showing up in the activity log, but no luck with that. No point in having encrypted TG's displaying.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yes they are set so there is NO audio and "L/O" appears in the box the frequencies are displaying. "Follow encrypted voice calls" is DISABLED. What I am trying to do is eliminate them from showing up in the activity log, but no luck with that. No point in having encrypted TG's displaying.

The box that the frequencies are displaying in is the channel activity log. The mode that hides traffic that is below the current monitoring threshold only applies to the event log, not the channel activity log. as described in @BM82557 post

It's pretty easy.
I have a ton of tg's set to 90 and there enc. I took my important stuff and set it for 55 to about 80 depending on who and what I want to hear. As long as I stay under 89, I do not get any of those unwanted tg's showing in the event log.. I used to drop down to 50 to catch new tg's or patches on the system when I would go out or overnight but the last seen groups window takes care of that. Plus I have Unitrunker recording 24/7.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
The box that the frequencies are displaying in is the channel activity log. The mode that hides traffic that is below the current monitoring threshold only applies to the event log, not the channel activity log. as described in @BM82557 post

It's pretty easy.
I have a ton of tg's set to 90 and there enc. I took my important stuff and set it for 55 to about 80 depending on who and what I want to hear. As long as I stay under 89, I do not get any of those unwanted tg's showing in the event log.. I used to drop down to 50 to catch new tg's or patches on the system when I would go out or overnight but the last seen groups window takes care of that. Plus I have Unitrunker recording 24/7.
I guess I am just not getting this. I looked in the "GROUPS" file and ALL TG's are set to "50". So what you are saying is a HIGHER NUMBER (like 90) will hide a TG? Is there a monitoring threshold setting somewhere that is used along with setting the numbers in the GROUPS file? Or is that the same thing? Some of the ENC don't appear in the GROUPS file so there is no way to set them to a higher number. I set the TG in the picture below to "100" but it keeps appearing. I browsed the GROUPS file and found this TG that is ENC so I set it to "100" but it still shows up.

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
There are a couple things you need to do.
1. Read the Notes.txt file. While there are parts that seem repetitive, it is the history of the program and how each new feature works.
2. Print out the Help for each of the programs you use. I created batch files so I can print one for each update. Put each of the following text lines into their own batch file and then you can print the results out.
FMP24 -h >FMP24_Help.txt
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_Help.txt

The threshold can be changed, look through the options in the Event Log menus.
The locked out or over threshold or ignored encrypted talkgroups will still appear in the Event Log. You will not hear them but you cannot make them disappear.

chris

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
There are a couple things you need to do.
1. Read the Notes.txt file. While there are parts that seem repetitive, it is the history of the program and how each new feature works.
2. Print out the Help for each of the programs you use. I created batch files so I can print one for each update. Put each of the following text lines into their own batch file and then you can print the results out.
FMP24 -h >FMP24_Help.txt
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_Help.txt

The threshold can be changed, look through the options in the Event Log menus.
The locked out or over threshold or ignored encrypted talkgroups will still appear in the Event Log. You will not hear them but you cannot make them disappear.

chris
OK thank you Chris....whats confusing is all the OTHER files in the DSD folder that I DON'T need. Theres too much clutter in the folder. What are the ONLY files I really need? There are files for example if you are using 2 dongles....etc...I dont need that. I'd like to TRIM the folder and delete what I dont need. I keep having to step thru every file to edit things if I need to. I will do as you suggest but is it possible to thin out that folder so I can better keep track of the files?

a417

U+0000
I wouldn't go start deleting things in any folder until you have an outstanding idea of what everything does. My solution? Don't look in it.

Go to your desktop, make a new folder called "DSD Settings Shortcuts".

Go into your DSD FL folder (wherever it is in your folder hierarchy) and right click on each file you ROUTINELY edit (a la .GROUPS, .RADIOS, etc) and select "Create Shortcut". A shortcut will appear that you can drag into your "DSD Settings Shortcuts" file on your desktop, and then you only have to click on them to open them. Rather than go and "thin out" a folder, leave it alone and only give yourself the view of what you need. If you find you start playing with .FREQUENCIES or .SITES a lot...make another shortcut.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Too late to edit my last post but I said "I do not get any of those unwanted tg's showing in the event log.." Meant to say event window.

Status
Not open for further replies.