• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can Motorola XTS 3000 800mhz be programmed to transmit and receive on LWIN...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several good deals online for these Motorola XTS 3000s. My question is, could these radios be programmed to transmit and receive traffic on LWIN P25 frequencies that are on the 700mhz band? Many of our members are without radios and I am hoping to find a temporary affordable solution to this problem.

RayAir

There are several good deals online for these Motorola XTS 3000s. My question is, could these radios be programmed to transmit and receive traffic on LWIN P25 frequencies that are on the 700mhz band? Many of our members are without radios and I am hoping to find a temporary affordable solution to this problem.

I do not believe the XTS 3000 will do 700MHz.

You could use the XTS 5000. This is what I'm using.

I wouldn't recommend buying your radios on eBay unless you find a reputable radio dealer and still there are many requirements to program these radios properly. You'll also need to make sure the radio has the proper options installed.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I would also contact the LWIN System Admin to make sure they have the software and equipment to program them as he will probably need to approve them/program them for use

I do not believe the XTS 3000 will do 700MHz.

You could use the XTS 5000. This is what I'm using.

I wouldn't recommend buying your radios on eBay unless you find a reputable radio dealer and still there are many requirements to program these radios properly. You'll also need to make sure the radio has the proper options installed.

you wouldneed a xts5000 or anthing from 2500, or any of the APX radios

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
Which District are you a Captain of? I work closely with La Radio and program my department's radios. I may be able to help you get some radios. I know there are several grants which we applied for and obtained radios for every member of Calcasieu Parish Fire Departments. I think Allen Parish also just did the same. Let me know how many radios you are needing and what your budget is and I will get with LRC and see if there is something we can do such as grants or incentives. Please send me a private message with your contact information.

Status
Not open for further replies.