Can somebody summarize what Uniden is doing to fix all of the "problems"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
First a bit of history... I am a terminally ill individual with a disease similar to but much worse than Muscular Dystrophy. I have a severe hearing loss and glaucoma and am a semi-quadriplegic in a wheelchair. I bought the BCD536HP because it was (and still is with the BCD436HP) Uniden's flagship model. I don't use the headphone jack (yet) but I do set the volume knob at 16 to 20. I keep the backlight on full since it enables me to see the display better. The BCD536HP scanner is fairly new and I hope I do not experience the problems people are citing in the miles-long threads. Quite frankly, I'm confused at even what Uniden is doing or plans to do or if I even qualify for something to be done to begin with (and I used to be pretty smart holding a Masters Degree in Engineering graduating summa cum laude). LOL! :confused:

Sooooooo... Without making this thread a LONG list of complaints/issues, can somebody just summarize the key points of those 7+ page threads and then close this thread to be used as a summary of what is going on as of the end of October 2015? And again, please close this thread once a concise summary is stated. I hope that I don't sound stupid but I am easily overwhelmed with TMI (to much information) due to my hereditary disorder and so far those long threads with lots of seemingly conflicting information are too much for me. Please do not hold this thread against me. I am just trying to ask a sincere and honest question. In my eyes, Uniden is still #1 in my book and I still recommend the BCDx36HP lineup. Thanks for your time and assistance in advance!

73, Dave K4EET

XTS3000

Some people have experienced the scanners clocks tiny internal battery fail. The scanner will not keep time when this happens. All scanners that exhibit this clock fail will have their scanner repaired free of charge (even if the scanner is out of the normal 1 year warranty).

Some people have experienced the display if used on its brightest setting will fade or go dim after a year or so, making it hard to see the display. Uniden hasn't set up a repair campaign yet for this issue, but I highly suspect they will announce something soon.

Both problem that you *may* experience with your 536 will be repaired free of charge even if the scanner is out of warranty.

I'm glad to see you own the x36HP with your disability. Even though Uniden didn't intend some features to cater to the disabled, they do. Like the alert LED and Alert Tones.

I wish you the best of luck sir.

K4EET

Chaplain
Thanks for the two replies. Can a moderator please lock this thread? I have the information that I was looking for. Thanks! 73, Dave K4EET

Status
Not open for further replies.