Can someone buy me this? 9kHz to 26.5GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

EncryptionMan

ahh that one only goes to 3999Mhz
I want one that goes to 26GHz
anyone know the price for one of these holy babies?

Your looking at about $13,000 - $20,000 for one of those units and WELL over that for the analyzer the first poster linked in his post.

EncryptionMan

Um...what's in the spectrum that high? Anything?

Military technology, Aerospace technology and plenty of other things that would not interest the average person. Theres alot of experimenting with it as well. Those monitors are for creating, maintaining and overseeing systems and the like not listening in your "shack" (the ICOM unit however is sometimes targeted to the high-end amature radio user)

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I just want to be the only one transmitting there!

It's too late for that! There's point to point links up to 60 GHz or so, now. And amateur bands on 10, 24, 47, 76 ghz, and several higher bands- AND people using them.

Neat toy, but wasted technology for most of us here. I'd settle for amateur coverage and DECENT performance.

SAR923

I think that's the kind of thing the NSA buys by the gross. :) Haven't seen a price lately but I remember they were in the $50k range a few years ago.

EncryptionMan

Are those things even legal? In the U.S. that is........... :)

Yes and no. Some may only be available to government agencies or communication company's some are not for sale here at all. If you look on ebay you can find some older models that are in the "restricted" band for consumers. The original price made them virtually unreachable to the average person so there were no worries at the time surplus and outdated equipment has obviously changed that. It really depends on what they are capable of. I looked that unit up at it appears its for Europe however I see nothing that restricts it from the Americas.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Actually I don't think the OP's model is available here in the US. At least according to the R&S Website.

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Say, do either of those come in a handheld with a stubby? :)

Maybe someday when the VHF and lower UHF get too crowded, then maybe 10Ghz to maybe 100Ghz will be on a scanner.
either way below 20KHz and above the high GHz are dangerous waves

Status
Not open for further replies.