Can someone help ID this Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertscan

Found my old scanner antenna I had on my 1992 Z28 Camaro. I Had it mounted on a mag mount on the back lid and it worked great and I had it hooked up to my old BC235XL programmed with 42.’s, 150.’s and San Diego 800.’s. This was back in the late 90’s early 2000’s. I cleaned my storage shed and found it. Now I have it mounted an a homemade bracket screwed to the side of my storage shed (box off a box truck) a couple of inches above the roof and it is working great and is out performing my ST2 I have mounted maybe 12' higher. Would like to find a new one to mount on my truck to run my PRO 106. The rubber holding the antenna is pretty much gone.
Antenna is 13 inches tall and 1/16 th of an inch thick.

Attachments

n5ims

Looks like a standard 5/8 over 1/4 wave cell phone antenna. Should work great on the 800 MHz band.

lep

Mine came in a plastic envelope marked "Wilson" but I don't believe they were the maker, I think they were just the distributor of this off shore made antenna. I bought mine from an amateur distributor that was having a going-out-of-business sale in Gaithersburg about 15 years ago. At present the magnet is 'stuck' onto an office filing cabinet and it use it just as a Test Antenna.

signal500

Antenna ID

Found my old scanner antenna I had on my 1992 Z28 Camaro. I Had it mounted on a mag mount on the back lid and it worked great and I had it hooked up to my old BC235XL programmed with 42.’s, 150.’s and San Diego 800.’s. This was back in the late 90’s early 2000’s. I cleaned my storage shed and found it. Now I have it mounted an a homemade bracket screwed to the side of my storage shed (box off a box truck) a couple of inches above the roof and it is working great and is out performing my ST2 I have mounted maybe 12' higher. Would like to find a new one to mount on my truck to run my PRO 106. The rubber holding the antenna is pretty much gone.
Antenna is 13 inches tall and 1/16 th of an inch thick.
800MHz quarter wave made by Randall/Larsen years ago, now Laird Technologies QWB8253
"A flexible whip and a stacked 5/8 over a 1/4 wave make this antenna a great choice for vans and other vehicles with limited headroom"

http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/laird-tech-qwb8253-3280.html

Status
Not open for further replies.