Can someone help me figure out why????

Status
Not open for further replies.

heymoe1

Feed Provider
I provide the feed for the Elgin Illinois Fire Department. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I hear nothing on the Ops Channels! I programmed in the talk groups, just like I did for Main Dispatch....yet, nothing when apparatus are told to go to "Ops ?" Channel. Scanner doesn't even stop on the ops channels....ever.

What might I be doing wrong?

Mike

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
All your past posts are the same seeking this (help) It's probably the device you use to do the feed. Fire and Ops2 are listed as Phase II now. The rest of the Ops aren't used unless there is a big storm or a lot of calls at once. They're listed as phase 1 in the RREF database. I was there yesterday and heard them all fine on my G5 Pager that gets it all perfectly. I hear them perfectly on Site 149 Cook too. Tri-Com is best heard on the Kane Co Starcom21 SITE. Most of Elgin is in Cook, some on Kane. My guess is it's a Phase II issue with your (scanner) and or location of the SITE you're doing the feed from. Often a Yagi antenna is needed for those older phase 2 capable scanners to get them.

RBMTS

Yep, he’s running and older GRE PSR scanner that will not track Phase II. While occasionally I will see them as Phase I, much of the time they are in Phase II mode on dispatch and ops.

heymoe1

Feed Provider
I apologize if my questions seem ridiculous. If I understood all of this a little better, I guess I wouldn't be seeking help! I am not using a GRECOM. I am using a Uniden BCD436HP, capable of Phase II.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I apologize if my questions seem ridiculous. If I understood all of this a little better, I guess I wouldn't be seeking help! I am not using a GRECOM. I am using a Uniden BCD436HP, capable of Phase II.
When the scanner is shipped, or you install Sentinel for the first time, the only public safety service types that are enabled are the ones labeled as Dispatch (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and Multi-Dispatch). Also enable the Tac and Talk types for those (Law Talk, Fire Tac, etc).

RBMTS

I am not using a GRECOM. I am using a Uniden BCD436HP, capable of Phase II.

Sorry - my bad. You didn't mention that earlier and your previous post about Elgin FD said you were using a PSR-500. Congrats on the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.