• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can someone help me? HT1250 Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer1830

Hello, I'm new here so excuse me if I am posting in the improper place. I am trying to find assistance on upgrading my HT1250's firmware from R05.09.13 to the latest version. I've been having some transmitting problems and was hoping the firmware upgrade may clear up some of the problems. I also cant seem to find the release notes on the firmware versions regarding what each one fixes.

If anyone has the proper firmware upgrade kit and can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I'm new here so excuse me if I am posting in the improper place. I am trying to find assistance on upgrading my HT1250's firmware from R05.09.13 to the latest version. I've been having some transmitting problems and was hoping the firmware upgrade may clear up some of the problems. I also cant seem to find the release notes on the firmware versions regarding what each one fixes.

If anyone has the proper firmware upgrade kit and can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike
The only firmware upgrade I have on file here for the portable Waris radios is R05.18.01 which fixed a minor power up problem after a channel change. That fix would certainly not affect transmitting issues.

I've scoured the net and MOL for the last 6 years for info on firmware upgrades for the Waris radios, and there's been a few for the mobiles, but just this one for the portables.

Have you had these problems all along or is this something new? Perhaps you could describe the transmitting problems a bit better. Someone here may have a solution, but we'll need to have a better idea of what's going to even guess.

officer1830

The issues I have been having are depending on where im at, i am unable to hit the repeater on our tower. I was in a foot pursuit the other day trying to call it out and all i heard was static. I did have the radio repaired when I discovered the solder joints broke off of the antenna assembly.

I didn't know if a firmware upgrade would help me or not. The alignment and tuning was the other question. Is that something I could do myself? I have the global tuning software but I dont know what im looking at. Then i programmed this radio, I made a copy of my fire departments codeclug and blew it into this portable and made a few changes to my channels, ID, etc.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The issues I have been having are depending on where im at, i am unable to hit the repeater on our tower. I was in a foot pursuit the other day trying to call it out and all i heard was static. I did have the radio repaired when I discovered the solder joints broke off of the antenna assembly.

I didn't know if a firmware upgrade would help me or not. The alignment and tuning was the other question. Is that something I could do myself? I have the global tuning software but I dont know what im looking at. Then i programmed this radio, I made a copy of my fire departments codeclug and blew it into this portable and made a few changes to my channels, ID, etc.
Without the proper equipment and knowledge, trying to align and tune a radio is not advisable. (All of us who have the CPS also have the Tuner. I've never even looked at it because I have neither the test gear nor the training to properly use it.)

If you had broken solder joints and a broken antenna assembly, the whole radio is suspect. It needs to go to a reliable radio shop for a complete assessment and repair.

If this is your personal radio and you are relying on it in critical situations like a foot pursuit, I personally feel that is a recipe for disaster. Get the darned thing professionally repaired and tuned or replace it. Also have the programming verified while it is in the shop.

There's no firmware upgrade that will magically fix that radio.

cmdrwill

There was a known issue with the antennas on those. Most socalled professional radio shops have no clue on older radios. Look for a shop or individual who cut their teeth on these radios. I did not work on enough of them to qualify.

KI7OGT

Sometimes the solder joints holding the antenna bracket to the board break loose. Does the antenna wiggle at all when it's on the radio?

I use a HP RF Test Set to tune the reference frequency and check output power whenever I have one of these in for service. Haven't worked on them in a while though.

I'll take mine apart tomorrow and see if any bits in there jog my memory about previous issues.

KI7OGT

Sometimes the flex circuit can break (they get brittle over time) or work it's way out of the circuit board connector. The flex circuit is what connects the speaker, mic, and programming / accesory port to the main board.

Which reminds me, are you using the internal speaker and mic, or an external speaker mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.