Can someone please look at my Free Scan File?

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but can someone please check my FreeSCAN file for the Morris County, NJ MIRS system. I would just like to know if my settings are set correct (BCD396XT) and, if they aren't any suggestions or input to make the system sound better and scan more efficiently.

rmosier

Morris TRS

Not sure if this is any different than what you had, but it's what I've got. Make the comparison yourself and if you have any questions I'll try to help. The best advice I can give you would to be to reach out to ROCKETNJ here on RR. He's helped me many times and REALLY knows what's what.

Attachments

• Morris County TRS.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 59

Highpockets

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but can someone please check my FreeSCAN file for the Morris County, NJ MIRS system. I would just like to know if my settings are set correct (BCD396XT) and, if they aren't any suggestions or input to make the system sound better and scan more efficiently.

Take a look at Scott's file, a link to it is in this post, he is pretty good with his files, check your Morris County against his:

http://forums.radioreference.com/1054178-post1.html

W2SJW

Database Admin
I actually just updated less than 30 minutes before making this post, so it's 'hot off the presses', as one might say... ;)

rmosier

I'm sorry. THANK YOU HIGHPOCKETS!!!!

Hey W2SJW. I D/L'd your file and as a result started broadcasting my feed as yours. Sorry about that. You might want to remove the scancast info and repost it??

W2SJW

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.163 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Scancast? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I've never streamed anything...

W2SJW

Database Admin
Ah, I see now - the 'Altec Communications' message text when the scanner turns on, right?

You can remove that easily with FreeScan - just load the file, chose 'Scanner', then 'Setup Scanner Options'. It's on the 'General' tab...

rmosier

I downloaded your file with Freescan, uploaded it to my scanner, closed Freescan and opened Proscan, downloaded your data from the scanner to the software, and began feeding to an RR mount position I had never heard of. Very strange. Thought it was yours. Well anyway....Thank you very much for posting the file. I thought mine was thorough, but compared to yours it definitely is not. I'm working on locking out all that doesn't fit my feed description (Morris county PD,Fire,EMS TRS & Conventional) and I'll use your data for the feed. Then.....I'm going to replace the data in my mobile with exactly what you've provided. How long did it take you to put this together? Dam!

W2SJW

Database Admin
That, my good man, has been a work in progress that goes back to the first year of the 396T being on the market (and I'm too tired to try and figure out how many years that is!).

Luckily, FreeScan was able to open & merge all the separate system files that I had with the 'T' from using the Butel software.

rmosier

I appreciate all your hard work. I did notice one thing though. Under NJ Counties - N (Morris). Parsippany PD1 and PD2 show the old freqs. The current ones are:

PD1 851.3750
PD2 852.8000

And Denville PD isn't included:

45.9800 Tone 127.3 (I wish they would join the TRS 'cause I can hardly hear them).

Thanks again for the file.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Whoops, I missed Parsippany's rebanded channels.

Denville is not in there due to being low-band. Almost worthless to try and receive that on a hand-held these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.