Can someone program my 996T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9gunner

I have spend almost 10 hours now (and I am still going) trying to program this scanner. I just don't get it. I would be willing to pay someone to do it, as I have waisted an ENTIRE day off trying to program this. It is about to be a $500 paperweight.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
The ARC996 Basic or Pro software from Butel Software, www.butel.nl , would be a worthwhile investment. I have used the BC250D version and it is very user friendly. You should have no trouble programming your scanner with this software.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In another thread, you mentioned that you could not get it to "connect to scanner." So, you've overcome that (because that is not a limitation of the demo...)? Generally, if you get an error when you try to connect:

1) You haven't selected the COM port that the scanner is connected to; or
2) Something else (like ActiveSync or Palm Sync software) is using that port; or
3) If you are using a USB --> Serial adapter, you might need to get more current drivers (generally available from the vendor's web site); or
4) You are trying to use the rear port with a straight cable (it requires a null modem); or
5) If you are using the rear port, you haven't set the port's baud rate to 115200 (using the scanner's menu).

k9gunner

I think it was the trial software. I subscribed here, and also purchased the software. It is communicating with the computer now. At this point it is getting a little easier. One question. How do you set up banks? I have for instance state patrol in one folder on the ARC software, VHF local in another, and state tatical in a 3rd. How do I seperate those on the scanner, say I am getting too much feedback on the VHF?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Assign each System to a different System Quick Key (SQK). For example:

State Patrol: SQK 1
VHF Local: SQK 2
State Tactical: SQK3

and load them into the scanner. While scanning, you should see the next-to-bottom row of the scanner look like:

S0: 1 2 3 - - - - - - -

This means that the systems you've assigned to SQK's 1, 2, and 3 are enabled.

Now, to turn off VHF Local, you'd press the "2" button while scanning. You'll then see:

SO: 1 * 3 - - - - - - -

The * means that the systems assigned to SQK 2 are disabled.

You might want to back up a short step and read the article I wrote that is included with the scanner. If for some reason it isn't in the package, you can see it on line at http://www.grove-ent.com/SCANNERPROGRAMMING.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.