Can the BCDx36 and HP-1 have modulations added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3617400

if you say about analog modulation:
hp1: am, fm (and related) only
bcdx36: am, fm, pm (and related) only
:)

n9nwo

The Home Patrol family, HP-1 and x36HP, are software defined. Digital modulation, such DMR, are just software. It should be able to be updated with new waveforms as they are developed. SDR have that ability.

KA9QPN

Seems to me that even if the possibility is there, it won't happen. The company's mission is to sell new radios. With the general bad reaction to the Extreme Upgrade's cost, I don't see Uniden sticking to that business model or busting their tails to add new features to existing products via paid update. And R&D still costs money. (Although that implication was loud-and-clear in the early HP marketing. I remember 'never obsolete' in there somewhere.) Uniden will probably maintain the databases for upload via Sentinel for both the HP and the new radios until the technology changes again. But, I'm confident that HP owners have seen their last firmware update. There's no escaping radio de jour.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We have at least one more firmware update planned for the HP-1 (no details provided at this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.