• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can the G5 monitor Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzarick

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to download this system( Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System ) into my g5 but when I am done the radio says unprogrammed, when I delete the system then the other system from Nebraska downloads ok into the radio. I have had this radio for over a year and I know how to download from the software. I have no problems with Colorado or wyoming or nebraska. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with Iowa. Thanks

RBMTS

A few suggestions:
1) Make sure you filled in the SysID and WAACN info. (I'm assuming you have since you have others working).
2) Make sure you have the frequencies for the local tower properly filled in.
3) Make sure you created a switch position and properly filled in the TG info.
4) Make sure you are properly selecting the zone AND switch position to listen to that system.

If you've done all that, export your codeplug; zip it, and upload here and we can take a look at it for you.

RBMTS

PS - I just noticed that you mentioned "Downloaded". I'm guessing you're importing the data in from the RR DB. If that is correct, just try to manually enter the system directly to the PPS and see if that uploads. If it does, there is probably something suspect with your csv file.

jzarick

Premium Subscriber
I migrated my PPS software from one computer to another using EAseUS Todo PCTransfer. I might have messed something up in the registry. I can connect to my radio and download a profile lets say Colorado but when I turn on the radio it says " Unprogrammed Pager. Please use PPS to program". If I let the radio stay on I can hear CSP ( Colorado State Patrol ) but the msg Unprogrammed radio always comes back on after transmission. I am now resetting my new laptop and reinstalling PPS not using the PC transfer method. If that fails I'll be back. I made a sample file using one State Police talk group. I am a truck driver so I downloaded all the sites, only Control and alternate freq. I downloaded it and still have the problem will see if it happens again when my laptop finishes resetting.

Attachments

• GxPPS_V0.3.14.15 _Sample006_200505.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

RBMTS

Just out of curiosity, is the G5 you have actually one of the units with DMR enabled? I noticed that the codeplug is for a DMR version and wanted to make sure you had the correct radio model. The only reason I say this is that you could have problems uploading the code plug if you are using a wrong profile.

Just a quick note for a couple of suggested changes.
1) On D4, #1, change "Alert Tone" column box to "None" instead of "Default Tone"
2) On D4, #2, change "Alert Mode: column box to "Tone" and make the "Alert Tone" box show "None"
Both of those will make it so that you don't get a beep on every received transmission.

jzarick

Premium Subscriber
I should have sent you the file I was trying to download. The attached file is Nebraska, Colorado and Iowa. If I keep Iowa in there I get the unprogrammed msg, but if I take Iowa on D5 number3 knob1 and delete it everything works.

Attachments

• nebraska iowa.zip
    74.2 KB · Views: 7

jzarick

Premium Subscriber
I believe Iowa cant be programmed in a g5. Its the only explanation

jzarick

Premium Subscriber
I found the problem. On radio reference there are 2 entries for a site. I deleted the one highlighted in yellow and it works...no unprogrammed msg. Thank you everyone for your responses.

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
Yes is the short answer to the original question it will work very well. I have had a G4 a year or so (didn't need multiple bands.) I listen to ISICS and the RACOM P25 system. Keep in mind that the RR database is a tool and occasionally that tool maybe broke and needs fixed by all of us. I am slightly confused on Woodbury 800 not working, that is their primary system. Not sure what is up. Something you can also try is doing a wildcard talkgroup and just fill in the Sys ID and WACN. Then have it do a band scan (modify that a little as you don't need to scan as much as the PPS defaults.) That is another way to find a tower that is new and not in the RRDB yet. I have a wildcard zone setup with different channel positions containing different system IDs and WACNs then actually have a channel position with Wildcard on talkgroup ID, Sys ID, WACN (Basically everything) so if you travel you can sorta just listen to any P25 site nearby. Not saying my way is right because I'm sure there is better ways but I've made it work for my needs. The receive on my G4 is fantastic and really the only complaint are a few functions I would love to see added to the firmware as well as louder audio. You get spoiled with APX radio nice loud clear audio. Welcome to the Unication world.

Status
Not open for further replies.