BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Can the Uniden BCD436HP scan FM Dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello, everyone! I currently live in an area that uses a P25 system and am looking to buy a Uniden BCD436HP. I am also moving to a town that uses FM and FMN Dispatch. Will the BCD436HP be able to scan the frequencies ranging from 154.1600-472.000? Thanks for any help!

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
It certainly can, and they should be on a database.

as a hierarchy: analog<trunking analog< digital Phase I< digital Phase II.

At least with our products, any unit later in the hierarchy can hear any type of system before it. A digital phase I scanner can hear analog and trunked analog, but not Phase II.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
All digital modes are FM. They just digitally encode the signal in several different ways. P25, DMR, NXDN, D-Star, C4FM etc are still FM. Nobody transmits a stream of ones and zeros only.

K4EET

Chaplain
Firefighter8298,

While you've been a member of Radio Reference for over two and a half years, this is your first posting. I just wanted to say...

Welcome to Radio Reference!

Cheers! Dave

Ubbe

There's so much information to be had in this forum that 99% of your concerns already have been answered to and do not need forum members to repeat the questions again. I would guess that half of the RR members never need to write anything in the forums, just reading and take part of all the knowledge that exists here.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.