Can Uniden Look into this problem (Home Patrol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have posted two different problems that I am Experiencing with Home Patrol, I have been trying to figure out if this is a Home Patrol problem or Arc Patrol software issue.

This is the reply I have received from Butel Software about the information in my Favorites List being deleted and only leaving the name of the favorite list in Home Patrol.

Responses from Butel Software :

When you update the database using sentinel software the favs are lost
so Sentinel is the source of the problem

2011/12/3 Steve <slstdenis@cogeco.ca>:
> Could you please be a little more informative, what is meant by (the
> transfer of sentinel) I don't understand.
> thank you
> Steve
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Butel Software - G.Buysen
> Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 7:02 AM
> To: slstdenis@cogeco.ca
> Subject: Re: BUTEL EMAIL lost info in favorites
>
> Hi,.
>
> It happens during the transfer of sentinel so it is not a Arcpattrol
> problem.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Gommert Buysen
> www.butelsoftware.com
>
>> Email2: slstdenis@cogeco.ca
>> Name: Steve St Denis, slstdenis@cogeco.ca Technical Support .
>> Message:
>> I have made several post about a problem I am having with my favorites
>> list on Radio Reference web site, I use them for awhile and they are ok and
>> then after awhile I try to have Home Patrol load one of these favorites list
>> and Home Patrol can not load the list because all the information is missing
>> from the favorites list, all that remains is the name of the favorites list
>> in Home Patrol. Can you tell me if this is a problem with your software or
>> is it a problem with the Home Patrol scanner, thank you, I thought I fixed
>> the problem but I was wrong.
>> Steve
>
>

UNIDEN !

Could Uniden please respond to this and let me know if you concure with this information from Butel or if you can provide any information to me on how to rectify this problem with Favorites Lists information being deleted and only the names being left behind.
Steve

sjlamb

It is obvious from the email exchanges between you and Butel that they are under the impression that you are only experiencing this problem after using Sentinel Software, which is exactly the opposite of what you have reported in your previous thread on this same topic.

I would not expect Uniden to launch a technical investigation into a potential hardware issue that is not being widely reported by others. Normal recourse if you believe hardware to be the cause of the problem would be to send the unit in for warranty service.

Prior to going to the trouble of warranty service, I think it would be wise to commit yourself to using ONLY Sentinel software for programming and editing to prove to yourself that this problem occurs regardless of which software you use. If you use nothing but Sentinel for a week or two and have no further problem, than you can conclude that the issue is related to the Butel software or user error in using the Butel Software. On the other hand, if you have the same problem after exclusively using the Sentinel software, then the evidence would suggest a hardware problem that will require warranty service.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Favorites problem

It is obvious from the email exchanges between you and Butel that they are under the impression that you are only experiencing this problem after using Sentinel Software, which is exactly the opposite of what you have reported in your previous thread on this same topic.

I would not expect Uniden to launch a technical investigation into a potential hardware issue that is not being widely reported by others. Normal recourse if you believe hardware to be the cause of the problem would be to send the unit in for warranty service.

Prior to going to the trouble of warranty service, I think it would be wise to commit yourself to using ONLY Sentinel software for programming and editing to prove to yourself that this problem occurs regardless of which software you use. If you use nothing but Sentinel for a week or two and have no further problem, than you can conclude that the issue is related to the Butel software or user error in using the Butel Software. On the other hand, if you have the same problem after exclusively using the Sentinel software, then the evidence would suggest a hardware problem that will require warranty service.

I believe I have made my sef extremely clear as far as the problem I am experiencing in all the post I have submitted, I can't understand why someone would not understand what I am saying, Butel and Uniden have both seen and read all my post, I have now stopped using Butel software and am only using Sentinel software too see if this fixes the problem, I do not wish to keep on repeating myself in post after post about this problem but there is a real problem and I am trying to be as open and give all the information I can to Butel And Uniden that I can. As far as what is the problem, I do not know what the problem is that's why I am trying to get feedback from both Uniden and Butel on this subject.

Steve

sjlamb

English is a second language for Grommert and your posts have lacked enough critical information to warrant followup questions. Regardless, you have consistently shown a propensity for being rude to others that take the time to try and give you guidance and help. That explains why so few even bother to respond to you.

You are intent on believing that the unit is at fault and scoff at any other suggestion to the contrary. You are alone in your problem and thus either have a faulty unit or are inadvertently doing something wrong in using the Butel software to cause your own problem. Be a man and stop whining. Figure it out yourself because you're too obnoxious and self-rightous for anyone else to help.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I've followed all the previous messages and never really understood the issue. As to making yourself clear, obviously you have not.

With all the improvements to Sentinel I have quit using Arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.