CAN-US forces question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

While monitoring 11.232 USB today caught OTIS 83 call Trenton Military for a radio check, Trenton answered , but OTIS 83 did not reply . Then Trenton proceeded (several times) to ask what sector are you in, and do you see any landmarks. Trenton then ,asked are you in sector 5 OTIS 83 ,still no reply.Then REBEL 39 asked for a radio check , and got it from Trenton , I never heard REBEL 39 again either. Now I know the OTIS call signs are C130s, and the REBEL call sign is either an F15, F16, or F22 (must be a popular one), according to the lists I have. My questions, is this normal?? Anyone know if their might be some type of exercise? And should I even post this type of information? Thanks for any help, Mike

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Maple Flag is wrapping up on Monday. NATO and Allied forces A/A & A/G training so it may be related.

Haley

Thank you for the information! I kind of monitor "old school style" I guess. Just standing in my yard with a portable, I REALLY need to start recording some of this stuff.

NIRGR, I know that was the call sign, but I may be wrong on what it is-----he was an American for sure. Those were all I had, I will keep looking around the net. And thank you , I did not know that about fighters!

Jay911, your REBEL call sign would make more sense to me, but like I said, he was American for sure, could a Canadien pilot be flying an RAF jet? And thank you for the exercise info! Mike

Haley

Kayn1n32008, I am sure you and Jay911 are right. It was quite busy yesterday also. I posted a different thread about Trenton military. I am sure it may have been related in hindsight. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.