BCT15X: Can you block nuisance frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeldomSeen

I have some interference (on off-on off-on off) that comes in constantly from one particular frequency that I think is being generated by a wireless network device that I have. Can I program the scanner to block or ignore that one frequency?
Thanks.

Blackink

If you can press the L/O button twice quickly on the keypad while the frequency is transmitting, you can permanently lock that frequency out.

If you know what the frequency is, you can go into the scanner menu and permanently lock it out that way also.....

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
If the frequencies in question have PL or DPL sub audible codes, utilize that feature and add them to the frequencies that you program in. This way you can still listen in on the frequencies without them being an interference problem.

Also diagnose where the interference is emanating from. One problematic one is routers as my Dlink will interfere in the marine band a lot. I moved the router a few feet to help eliminate the problem.

SeldomSeen

The interference was just static for a couple of seconds and off for a couple of seconds. I blocked about 3 or 4 separate frequencies. Maybe it was harmonics or something. It's working pretty good now.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.