Can you display talkgroup ID's on the main screen of the 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbertopp

Can you display talkgroup ID's on the main screen of the 996XT. While the TG is active instead on the frequency for example as in the 780 model.

Thanks

hfxChris

Database Admin
It'll display them automatically, as long as you have them programmed. For that I would recommend using software (such as Freescan), since typing on that keypad is a pain in the.. scanner.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean "how do you enable that feature"?

By default the talkgroup ID will be displayed on
each trunked system transmission unless you program
an alpha tag in place of the ID.

And even if you program an alphatag you can still view the ID
on the 3rd display line.

Us veteran Uniden XT users don't mind helping out, but it might behoove you
to read over the 396XT Complete Reference as the answers to several of
your questions are answered in that Guide. Yes, it is a complete reference
guide for the 396XT, but considering that the 396XT and 996XT are almost
identical the guide covers both.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It'll display them automatically, as long as you have them programmed. For that I would recommend using software (such as Freescan), since typing on that keypad is a pain in the.. scanner.

Gotta agree with Chris here :)

Freescan is a life saver when it comes to programming anything but the smallest of systems! :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

qbertopp

Negative...My 996xt does not display the talkgroup ID's when a TG is active. It displays the ALFA TAG and below that the freq that the trunking system is using.

SO again, how do you program it to display the talkgroup ID's when they are active on a 996xt and while an ALFATAG is being used for that said TG.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Negative...My 996xt does not display the talkgroup ID's when a TG is active. It displays the ALFA TAG and below that the freq that the trunking system is using.

SO again, how do you program it to display the talkgroup ID's when they are active on a 996xt and while an ALFATAG is being used for that said TG.

Again, It behooves you to read the Complete Reference document in my first post.

On page 133 of that Complete Reference Guide:

While Holding on a system:

DisplayModesUniden.JPG

Function+6 changes the display mode.
I am just trying to help you learn your new radio.
Marshall KE4ZNR

garys

Premium Subscriber
That will Disable the channel groups in the current system assigned to this Group Quick Key.

HOLD on any frequency or talk group. Press the big silver knob, then press the #6 key. That will cycle through the three display modes. Once you find the one you like, press the big silver knob again to exit Function mode.

You know, most people here know what they are talking about, so if you can't get a function to work the way we describe it, chances are you aren't following the procedure correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.