Can you just program in confirmed control frequencies?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
When programming sites for trunking systems, can you just program in confirmed control frequencies?

Specifically, I am going to program these frequencies which has two confirmed control frequencies (If I recall, that is the ones in red are confirmed control frequencies).
You CAN program in just the one CC in use, however if the CC changes you get silence. Just because they only have a few confirmed CC frequencies doesn't mean they won't use another one at some point. on the other hand, you can program in all of the frequencies wihtout causing any issues and be good for any CC changes. Assuming all the frequencies on the system are KNOWN.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Generally, yes but what is a control capable channel will depend on the system manufacturer. For example, with Motorola you can have up to four control capable channels but with Harris all channels are control capable and with EFJ while they can make all channels control capable it's common practice to only make four control capable. TxWARN is a bit of an outlier as even though they are a Motorola system they commonly only use two control channels per site.

Cy-Fair...is a bit of an unknown. I don't know enough about that system or whether or not it is even relevant.