Can your radio do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastr

I would like to see the out takes, it is obvious that different radios were used.

K9WG

They cheated. They only used a power washer. You really need a FIRE HOSE!
anim_rofl2.gif

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Can that thing only receive weather radio???? LOL!!

Whew, that is one tough little sucker. None of my radios could withstand all of that.

:)

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I'm told it was the same radio. I saw a few years ago they did a similar demo with the t25 with the same results.

iamhere300

It looks like the screen is no longer working after the drop from the building roof (not the shed roof)

Anyways, everyone and their brother is making waterproof or resistant radios. Icom made a big presentation when they started selling the F50 by telling their dealers to get a fishtank and leave the radio in the water.

For years Motorola told us to drop radios on the ground - just as we were handing them to the prospective customer - to show how rugged they were.

I can't even count the number of Motorola and Icom radios I have had dropped off towers.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I'd be interested in the screen as well... the other wildcard would be if the screen backlight timed out or not.

mastr

It will be difficult to convince me that the same radio was used. After that trip down the gutter and against the curb, there was zero evidence of any cosmetic damage. I have used the Liberty, and while it is tough, like any other radio is going to get scratched up some by abuse.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I will say, without being a fan boy, I have seen other similar testing videos from the same guys for their other stuff, and was all the same radio used. I am trying to find the T25 one they did.

CommJunkie

I can only find info on the 700/800 mhz version of this radio. That can't be the only model, given that the wx channels are on VHF.

Wondering how much this radio costs.

And they probably used the NOAA Wx channels for constant receive to prove the radio was still receiving.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
There is no 700/800 version. Its 136-174, 380-520, 700, 800 all in one radio :) Analong/digtial, secure, trunked

durango5550

Booger D.
Yea that's all great ......

But will it blend?

:)

After doing some searching the radio has a price tag between 4,000 - 6,000!

I'll take one just need a couple years to save up

Dan :)

Last edited:

WQAJ741

I can only find info on the 700/800 mhz version of this radio. That can't be the only model, given that the wx channels are on VHF.

Wondering how much this radio costs.

And they probably used the NOAA Wx channels for constant receive to prove the radio was still receiving.
found a site that sells this beast for approx. 5500 dollars...holy cow!

PJH

Premium Subscriber
And if you looking for an APX7000 or Harris Unity, it not that far off. Like the others, you can have a bunch of options turned on/off at purchase and down the road which will vary the price.

Cool although some springs and welded steel would be much cheaper.
If the antennas were as sturdy and extendable, I guarantee leos will be trained to use them as backup batons lol.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I suppose that's not too bad if it is a quad band... doesn't the Motorola APX go for about the same price?

It can. With all three "multiband" radios on the market, price will be determined by options, and can drastically vary the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.