Canada Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

_jabber_

Has the suggestion ever been made to have a classified section in Canada?
With the traffic the Canada section gets and the fact alot of people outside of Canada are reluctant to ship to Canada, why not try it out? I'd like to hear what the concensus would be or if there is any interest at all?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If not a sub-section, maybe state in the first line if it's for sale to U.S. or U.S. and Canada since some of us hold the mouse to "hover" over a topic without opening it up.

That is not really a smooth looking plan though :D

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Exactly I agree.. I posted a few items in the "for sale" and got relatively small hits

I seemed to get more hits when posted in this forum saying im looking for a local Canadian buyer.

mciupa

Database Admin
Count me in .... well , at least that's seven of us. :roll:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
If Lindsay would consider doing this I think it would be pretty good. But I would still visit the original For Sale forums because I find alot of people would ship to Canada if you ask.
I even made a post that was made a sticky in the For Sale forum for the USA people to mention (Will ship to Canada) in there listing. This also can apply to the Canadians as well(Will ship to USA).
Take care

_jabber_

Canada RadiRef Classifieds

Well we are this far. How do we get the Canada Admin to either take a poll or just try it out and see how it works? Looks like we have some interest.... Let's try and get this going.
If any admin reads this topic please give us some feedback

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
_jabber_ said:
Well we are this far. How do we get the Canada Admin to either take a poll or just try it out and see how it works?

Sorry guys but creating new forums can only be done by Lindsay.

As far as a poll goes, looks like this thread has done the job nicely. You could always have this thread closed and create a poll yourself. It doesn't take an admin to setup a poll.

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi rjdeals , welcome to RadioReference. :)

Thanks for your support but it's a no - go , but for good reason , read Lindsay's post:

blantonl said:

Folks,

I've kept and eye on this, and while I understand the perspective that you each bring to the table, especially our Canadian friends, I am very much inclined to not create a seperate forum just for Canadian For Sale Items.

There are a number of reasons, but they primary center around the fact that we will splinter the for sale process, then open the floodgates for other "groups" of individuals that will want their own For Sale forums, and it is going to cause a problem. Furthermore, for many individuals it will be another forum to have to browse for good equipment for sale.

Might I suggest that we adopt a standard or policy in the current for sale forum that directs you to put [CANADA] or the like in your subject line to differentiate this as a Canadian for sale or for auction posting? This would provide the benefits you are looking for, and will solve many of the issues that I see being in place.

. . . the [CANADA] tag sounds like a good solution , right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.